MEGATON:Xbox One Parity Clause a 'Shame'

#41Robin_MaskPosted 5/1/2014 5:32:04 PM
Just reading off the URL, who the hell is Stealth Inc Dev?
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#42Apex-PlayerPosted 5/1/2014 5:45:09 PM
You guys are going to miss out because the company you support decides you don't need variety.
Some indie games are fun as all hell,
Don't Starve? Very addicting, I liked building new bases etc and probably dropped 40+ hours on it.
Mercenary Kings? Was such a fun multiplayer experience I played every bit of.
Then you got the Outlasts/ Nidhoggs etc. These are fun games worth experiencing, most of which were given for plus for free.

Never liked indies so much last gen, but the ones Sony has been giving are really quite fun.
Oh well, MS doesn't think so.
You should really try them on PC if you can though, great games.
Or just try and get yourself a PlayStation4.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#43tobactracPosted 5/1/2014 5:59:56 PM
I have a really great idea. If we show MS some love, maybe they'll stop being such jerks.

nahhh...I set up a page we can gather some support to get rid of this parity clause and help out some indies hopefully. I think most of us agree it's dumb as heck. Find it here:
http://gamerpetitions.com/petition/xb1-parity-indies
#44IroncondorzPosted 5/1/2014 6:00:46 PM
You do realize the "parity clause" is standard language in most contracts that would apply here? Something like this is commonly known as a "most favored customer clause". I assure you all of the console manufacturers have this clause, because this is how they prevent developers from releasing broken afterthought ports onto their system. This is also why stores get the games at the same time, sell them for the same prices, and also why digital versions are also basically the same price. It is all lumped into the same general concept.

This is just something in the business world to ensure fair treatment. Yes it has drawbacks, but it also prevents companies from buying superior versions or making backroom sweetheart deals, (bribes and such).
#45CKnightPosted 5/1/2014 6:02:58 PM
Apex-Player posted...
You guys are going to miss out because the company you support decides you don't need variety.
Some indie games are fun as all hell,
Don't Starve? Very addicting, I liked building new bases etc and probably dropped 40+ hours on it.
Mercenary Kings? Was such a fun multiplayer experience I played every bit of.
Then you got the Outlasts/ Nidhoggs etc. These are fun games worth experiencing, most of which were given for plus for free.

Never liked indies so much last gen, but the ones Sony has been giving are really quite fun.
Oh well, MS doesn't think so.
You should really try them on PC if you can though, great games.
Or just try and get yourself a PlayStation4.

It depends on the person really. I really like Reus and FTL but that's because I play them on my computer while at work.

When I'm home it's hard for me to pick an Indie game over the many console offerings.

Yeah I can sit on my PC playing this Indie game or i can play Titanfall, Battlefield, FF14, GTA5, Gt6, ect. and 99.9% of the time the console game wins.

Now if i could load up all my indie games on a vita that'd be perfect.
#46Double O NegroPosted 5/1/2014 6:44:17 PM
Let's pretend the PS4 sells 100 million this gen and MS sells 70 million, any indie developer with any sort of means would not forgo a potential 70 million customers... I don't believe MS has anything to worry about, while in the end they may not win this gen they won't lose out on many GOOD indie games.
---
"Dont blame me, blame yourself or your God!!" -Delita(Final Fantasy Tactics)
#47UtterMoonPosted 5/1/2014 7:12:31 PM
Such an idiotic thing....preventing your players from playing games because they were released on another system first is anti-consumerist as hell. Microsoft does not care about the players, but they do care about bullying and pressuring small developers with a "If you don't develop both at the same time then you don't get to sell your game"....there is no need for something like that, and people should be irate...especially gamers...

Microsoft just seems jaded, and developers are going to continue to skip developing on the Xbone. it will also bite them in the ass when the next Minecraft, FTL, The Walking Dead of Journey (Just listing good indie games btw...) is on the PS4 and not the Xbone because of this clause, and its gamers who will pay...
#48pearl arowanaPosted 5/1/2014 10:48:06 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Such an idiotic thing....preventing your players from playing games because they were released on another system first is anti-consumerist as hell. Microsoft does not care about the players, but they do care about bullying and pressuring small developers with a "If you don't develop both at the same time then you don't get to sell your game"....there is no need for something like that, and people should be irate...especially gamers...

Microsoft just seems jaded, and developers are going to continue to skip developing on the Xbone. it will also bite them in the ass when the next Minecraft, FTL, The Walking Dead of Journey (Just listing good indie games btw...) is on the PS4 and not the Xbone because of this clause, and its gamers who will pay...

Microsoft is always anti consumers. Their drm, compulsory spycam, this shame policies, inferior hardware with much expensive price tags, expensive live with less value and blocking everything behind paywall even browser/youtube/paid apps are among things that scream anti consumers by Microsoft.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#49LooksLikeRainPosted 5/1/2014 10:54:35 PM
UtterMoon posted...

Well the devs shouldn't agree to it.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#50Shinobi120Posted 5/1/2014 11:20:30 PM
UtterMoon posted...

Heh...you should read Microsoft's past history with tons of anti-trust lawsuits.

Also, Microsoft never gave a damn about gamers the way that Nintendo & Sony had. The lack of 1st party studios, the lack of exclusives besides Halo, Gears, Forza, & Fable, the E3's that they had from E3 2010 through E3 2012, as well as their conference before E3 2013, etc. just proves it.