I support the Xbox One parity clause.

#1LooksLikeRainPosted 5/1/2014 4:42:20 PM(edited)
The devs in the ID@xbox get two free Xbox devkits, free access to unity and the unreal engine, and yet they want to put MS on the back burner? No way. I'd do the same thing if I were MS.

The parity clause exists only for id@xbox developers.

So they get devkits, tools, marketing, support, only to potentially never develop for the company supplying all this.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#2HorridhalPosted 5/1/2014 4:45:52 PM
Of course you do.

The entire gaming development industry disagrees with you though.

I take their word over yours.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3BeefEasterPosted 5/1/2014 4:47:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4mokmuudPosted 5/1/2014 4:48:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5gohoanqPosted 5/1/2014 4:51:10 PM
Those are great incentives for devs.. but that doesn't give MS the right to force them to favor them over other companies. They're acting like tyrants lol Saying "release on ours first, at the same time, or not at all." is crap.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#6LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 4:53:00 PM
The clause says id@xbox developers have to either have their games published on Xbox first or simultaneously. The devs knew this when they joined the program.
---
#7_decitronPosted 5/1/2014 4:55:15 PM(edited)
LooksLikeRain posted...
The devs in the ID@xbox get two free Xbox devkits, free access to unity and the unreal engine, and yet they want to put MS on the back burner? No way. I'd do the same thing if I were MS.

So they get devkits, tools, marketing, support, only to potentially never develop for the company supplying all this.

it really doesn't matter what MS's intentions are or how much you think they're bending over backwards for developers. the fact is that it isn't attracting the exact people it is trying to target. it won't be successful and they should abandon it on those grounds.
#8LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 5:18:26 PM
_decitron posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

it really doesn't matter what MS's intentions are or how much you think they're bending over backwards for developers. the fact is that it isn't attracting the exact people it is trying to target. it won't be successful and they should abandon it on those grounds.

So do you want ms to give them all this free stuff with nothing in return?
---
#9TomoEK9Posted 5/1/2014 5:28:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10TomoEK9Posted 5/1/2014 5:28:04 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
_decitron posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

So do you want ms to give them all this free stuff with nothing in return?

They're getting the game aren't they? If work is further along on the other version, and the intention was to release first and then work on ports, then that's how it goes.

The kit is given so they can make games for the Xbone, not give preferential treatment.