We need demos for every game

#1EJH-SEGAPosted 5/1/2014 8:17:23 PM
I know MS says "games are games, it's up to the developers", but I feel every game should get a demo even if it is short and only allowed to be used once. MS should patch it into XB1 so the devs can simply pick how long the demo is when a game is put on the store. It would help game sales,
---
XBL GT is SE6A K1N6 (those are the number "6" not the letter "G" and that is the the number "1" not the letter "I")
#2youngskillzPosted 5/1/2014 8:19:53 PM
i support this, we should be able to try out every game before we spend ou hard earned money on it.

yeah we can rent it i guess but still this would be much easier.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#3AsisnMansBurdenPosted 5/1/2014 8:26:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4UtterMoonPosted 5/1/2014 8:27:22 PM
Not every game needs a demo...perhaps 10 years ago (back when demo's were all the rage), but as of now there are so..so..so many sources out there, and those sources are far easier to find than in the past.

What people need to do is stop buying things on day one...to stop pre-ordering on faith alone and to perhaps wait a few days, watch a few videos (of which there will probably be hundreds to choose from), read reviews and see what people are complaining about and praising, maybe even renting...

I don't think any dev. should be forced into making a demo...because there are many cases where the demo will pale in comparison to the finished product..to the full game...

We don't need demos..we need patience...and with patience you're never caught by surprise. Don't think I've bought a bad game since the beginning of last gen...
#5youngskillzPosted 5/1/2014 9:55:07 PM
nope, alot of people use demos to see if a game is worth buying.

lol @ making a crappy demo.

sure devs have made crappy ones in the past, but this day an age making a sub-par demo doesn't make any sense.

they should make a good demos an i guarentee people would be happy about buying a game even at full price, myself included.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#6LooksLikeRainPosted 5/2/2014 12:04:41 AM
Twitch has replaced demos for me.
---
For the love of god, stop saying 'whilst.'
#7Foreign ObjectsPosted 5/2/2014 1:34:42 AM
One of the greatest features of the 360, was the ability to trial every single arcade game.
---
etc
#8aszsithPosted 5/2/2014 2:25:34 AM
Someone seems to have confused desire with necessity.

We need air. We need food. We desire demos of games for our luxury toy.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9TenzhiPosted 5/2/2014 2:43:50 AM
aszsith posted...
Someone seems to have confused desire with necessity.

We need air. We need food. We desire demos of games for our luxury toy.

To want is to feel a need or desire. A need is an urgent want. If you're going to argue semantics, don't rely on folk wisdom to guide you.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#10aheroafakePosted 5/2/2014 5:16:40 AM
Agreed. If I remember correctly, every XBL Arcade game that was released on Xbox 360 had demos/free trials. Why the **** isn't that practice continued on Xbox One?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |