We need demos for every game

#21BryanPS360Posted 5/3/2014 3:50:46 AM
squarex8264 posted...
Phoro posted...
Just give us timed trials of full games on day one. . Boom. Easy.

For all we know, Microsoft isn't the one who is against this idea. Does Sony have trials of full games on day one? If not, I'm guessing the publisher may be against this, which is why it has yet to appear.

No Sony doesn't offer trials or demos on day one for all games. Which sucks because I could have sworn they said that every PS4 release would have a demo available (unless I imagined that).
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#22spacejamjordanzPosted 5/3/2014 6:30:20 AM
Yea we definitely need more demos. What gives? I would especially want demos for all those download only games. Twitch and UPLOAD clips are really not a viable alternative.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#23knightimexPosted 5/3/2014 6:51:04 AM
AsisnMansBurden posted...
MS is having trouble attracting non-shovel ware games, and those games won't sell very well if you're allowed to test drive them first.

Or not sell at all because of no demo.

Developers need to stop using faith to attract gamers.
That s*** doesn't work.

If it wasn't for demos games like Vanquish would still be oblivious to me.
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#24aluminafalconPosted 5/3/2014 7:28:05 AM
There is actual evidence that demos as a whole harm sales rather then help sales. That's Nintendo reasoning for doing the limited play demos if they make a demo at all.
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#25robert_rangersuPosted 5/3/2014 8:03:25 AM
Foreign Objects posted...
One of the greatest features of the 360, was the ability to trial every single arcade game.

This! I really think it's hurting sales of games like that rayman game or child of light and the like, I'm not willing to just buy games like that if I can't trade them if I don't like them.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#26HellsControllerPosted 5/3/2014 9:06:26 AM
aluminafalcon posted...
There is actual evidence that demos as a whole harm sales rather then help sales. That's Nintendo reasoning for doing the limited play demos if they make a demo at all.

Yeah because people are able to see how s***** a game is with a demo. As in pretty much every game that comes out. Of course a demo would be detrimental.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#27EJH-SEGA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:03:19 PM
quincy2000a posted...
I'm all for playable demos myself.

Just seeing a video doesn't convey the feel or response of a game as you would play. It might look beautiful but have awkward control issues, for instance.

That is the reason I made this topic.

Phoro posted...
Just give us timed trials of full games on day one. . Boom. Easy.

Even if the demo only works a limited number of times, I could still try it.
---
XBL GT is SE6A K1N6 (those are the number "6" not the letter "G" and that is the the number "1" not the letter "I")
#28SizableMattressPosted 5/3/2014 7:21:35 PM
I'm all for it TC. On 3ds, they're usually really good about this. And if demos prevent sub par games from being sold, then I'M ALL FOR IT. GET THAT CRAP OUTTA HERE. The more competition for good games, the better!
---
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo