Microsoft Says Pre-Loading For Downloadable Games Still Planned

#1Dev445Posted 5/2/2014 5:45:22 AM
Microsoft spokesperson Major Nelson says that the company is still working on pre-loading for digitally downloaded Xbox One games.

On a Reddit thread entitled "Xbox One Needs Pre-Loading Feature!", Nelson logged and wrote, "All I can say right now is that yes, we want this feature as well." When asked abotu a timeframe he declined to give specifics.

There had been indications that game pre-loading was going to be available for Titanfall, but that feature never materialized.

Sony recently confirmed that pre-loading for PlayStation 4 will be added to the console's firmware in an upcoming system update.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/01/microsoft-says-pre-loading-for-downloadable-games-still-planned.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 5/2/2014 5:52:39 AM
Nice, I would love this feature.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#3matt-nicklinPosted 5/2/2014 7:09:28 AM
Would be even better if the digital games were cheaper than the retail copies, until then I don't see the point in going digital.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#4kyncaniPosted 5/2/2014 7:22:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5kyncaniPosted 5/2/2014 7:30:07 AM
Dev445 posted...
Sony recently confirmed that pre-loading for PlayStation 4 will be added to the console's firmware in an upcoming system update.

It is nice that the Xbox One is getting this feature, even if it's only sometime in the future.

But I thought the PS4 already had it ?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/ps4-system-update-1-70-launches-tomorrow-full-feature-list/
#6protools1983Posted 5/2/2014 8:18:40 AM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...

Get a gaming PC, been doing this for years. Old news.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
#7Robin_MaskPosted 5/2/2014 8:20:12 AM
protools1983 posted...
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...

Get a gaming PC, been doing this for years. Old news.

It's like nowadays, it's wrong to get excited for anything.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#8BaronVladzPosted 5/2/2014 8:24:31 AM
I'm sorry but it bothers me so damn much that the company that wanted to go digital from the start is behind the competition in having digital benefits and options. I like my X1 but this is getting ridiculous. Saying they want something doesn't mean we'll get it or at least not anytime soon
#9bob15xPosted 5/2/2014 8:26:28 AM
BaronVladz posted...
I'm sorry but it bothers me so damn much that the company that wanted to go digital from the start is behind the competition in having digital benefits and options. I like my X1 but this is getting ridiculous. Saying they want something doesn't mean we'll get it or at least not anytime soon

could this have something to do with that happened to GTA5? Maybe its not MS and Sony that put the stop on the preloading. maybe its the publishers?
#10shads3055Posted 5/2/2014 8:31:09 AM
how can u not see the point to go digital its the best ever.. never get up to change a disk. play a game for a little then watch tv then play the game then stop then play another game go back play another game watch tv or netflix play a game.