Seems like MS is the only one holding strong

#41Chao_YunPosted 5/2/2014 3:12:03 PM
Porunga posted...
slyman19 posted...
If Sony does go with streaming, you can say goodbye to PlayStation. Sony really doesn't understand the huge problems with streaming that aren't going away any time soon.

It is true that there was some major improvements that would need to be made before such a thing could be a viable replacement for a console. But, such a thing wouldn't be for another 6 to 8 years or more.. they have time to work on it. I think how playstation now does on ps4 when it releases will tell sony all they need to know about if that is really the course they wish to take, and if so, what they need to improve. But for all we know we may see a playstation 5 or 6 before a full streaming service takes hold. It is all highly speculative right now, absolutely nothing solid.

There is no infrastructure in any country that I know of other than possibly South Korea, so yeah, we have a long wait. In addition, certain games will always require local 'rendering,' because it takes too long to pass information back and forth, even at the speed of light. So, there's that.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#42TrueGBPosted 5/2/2014 3:18:41 PM
leelee3105 posted...
With all the talk about MS making mistakes this gen, Sony is openly saying they want out of the console market and now this rumor of a new nintendo already. Maybe MS knew what they were doing after all.

Actually, both Sony and MS mentioned they wanted to become service focused in the future, although neither said they want out of the console market (doesn't make much sense for MS right now; does for Sony).
---
Future Billionaire
#43WinternovaPosted 5/2/2014 3:21:28 PM
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

TC. Stop being so utterly idiotic.

You've really never heard of The Motley Fool before? How old are you?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#44Chao_YunPosted 5/2/2014 3:28:22 PM
Winternova posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

Many people equate its credibility with VGChartz. I guess I would be included on that bandwagon.
---
#45HorridhalPosted 5/2/2014 3:29:35 PM
Winternova posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

How old are you to believe that a, primarily, financial publication would have a good grasp on video game trends?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#46regsantotomasPosted 5/2/2014 3:33:14 PM
I think that it is much less the source URL as much as there is no acknowledgment that these are simply editorials ruminating on a possible and not even a likely outcome. These prognostications are a dime a dozen. Anyone can make it so using ANY of these editorials as a source is meaningless as a support to such a wild claim.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#47WinternovaPosted 5/2/2014 3:33:57 PM
Horridhal posted...
Winternova posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

How old are you to believe that a, primarily, financial publication would have a good grasp on video game trends?

Old enough to know that you have two unnecessary commas in your sentence. My comment had NOTHING to do with the accuracy of the article; it only refers to the idiocy of criticizing it because of the name of the website and its URL.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#48HorridhalPosted 5/2/2014 3:38:16 PM
Winternova posted...
Horridhal posted...
Winternova posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

Old enough to know that you have two unnecessary commas in your sentence. My comment had NOTHING to do with the accuracy of the article; it only refers to the idiocy of criticizing it because of the name of the website and its URL.

1. Not unnecessary.

2. Financial publications hold about as much weight as an espn magazine when discussing gaming. In other words none so it can be dismissed pretty easily.

3. Only a child would try to argue grammar instead of points.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#49kcypher2000Posted 5/2/2014 3:38:18 PM
Chao_Yun posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
VGAddict90 posted...
MS is holding strong? XBone is getting spanked by the PS4, and is even behind the Wii U in WW sales. Titanfall didn't do anything for it, either.

The gap between XB1 sales and Wii U sales will only get bigger when MK8 comes out.

Wiiu launched a year before and is dying even in its own home country .

Xbox is in 13 countries vs the ps4s 55 and xbox isnt that far behind in US considering it costs 20% more.

TF outsold infamous with a smaller install base.

Xbox division was profitable yet again while Sony is dying.

Guess what. Super Mario Brothers sold with the NES. Check those sales numbers. Skewed, my friend, skewed. That's the whole point.

But people counted bundles for every other game ever such as Kill Zone. Stop with the 180s. TF sold great, get over it.
#50Chao_YunPosted 5/2/2014 3:41:06 PM
Winternova posted...
Horridhal posted...
Winternova posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
The fool .com

They always include an advertisement at the bottom. It really sucks the life out of any point they try to make.
---