With Halo in decline, MS needs new FIRST PARTY titles if they hope to compete.

#1IzraeilPosted 5/2/2014 11:04:11 AM
MS has no IPs other than Halo, and now gears that can compete with the large variety of quality IPs Sony puts out.
There is a false perception around here that MS exclusives sell much more than Sony exclusives, and that's just simply untrue.

Halo and Gears sell great, but that's where the list ends!
Last gen out all MS games that were well received (got an 80% or up on aggregate reviews), Halo accounted for over 40% of the sales! Add in gears, and these two IPs were responsible for around 70% of the sales!
Now it's not a bad thing that these games sold a lot, but the fact is it was the same people buying those 6 halos and 4 gears games, they were selling to the same 10-15million people!

In contrast Sony has Gran Turismo which can match Halo sales, but is not released as frequently.
Uncharted 2 and 3 sold better than any gears title. Last of Us has sold over 7 million and that's beyond great for a brand new IP.

Forza games sell pretty good but so do LittleBigPlanet, for a Fable there's a God of War.
But here's where things go down for MS, Sony has a tub full of IPs that sell millions like inFAMOUS, Killzone, Resistence, Rachet & Clank, Motorstorm that MS has nothing to answer with.

Last gen MS had 8 IPs that that had a game which sold over a million units, while Sony had 17.
and this where the console sales come from, while MS makes 6 halos that all sell great to the same group of people, Sony makes 6 different IPs that will appeal to different people and sell just good, aside from having the big franchises that can already match MS games in sales.

This is how PS3 passed 360 in sales desire a year less on the market and costing way more, they made games that appealed to smaller groups of people and not just the lowest common denominators who will buy 6 Halos but nothing else.
#2Robin_MaskPosted 5/2/2014 11:06:15 AM
Didn't Resistance fail miserably in sales?

Eh, I always found it hilarious how in Gametrailers, Halo 3 getting a review that got .1 more than Uncharted 2 equalled to the fans just crying over it.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#3Izraeil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 11:16:45 AM(edited)
Robin_Mask posted...

Eh, I always found it hilarious how in Gametrailers, Halo 3 getting a review that got .1 more than Uncharted 2 equalled to the fans just crying over it.

Resistance 3 flopped,but the first one sold over 4million.
And I don't understand why Uncharted fans would be crying over a .1 in one review, Uncharted 2 has 3 whole numbers over Halo 3 on Metacritic and Gamerankings.
Infact Sony has 3 games in the top ten highest rated games of last gen, and MS has 0.
I'm still baffled over how MS fans can even think MS first party is even comparable to Sony's let alone better.
#4f0rgePosted 5/2/2014 11:18:54 AM
Except you didn't list a single Sony IP that's better than Halo...so troll fail?
#5Izraeil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 11:20:57 AM
f0rge posted...
Except you didn't list a single Sony IP that's better than Halo...so troll fail?

Better in what?
#6GeistPosted 5/2/2014 11:30:37 AM
I wonder about people that put this much thought into their trolling. I mean you sat down and thought that all up for no real reason. Do you just have nothing better to do? Honest question, I mean since you actually put effort into it what do you expect out of it?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#7Izraeil(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 11:33:34 AM(edited)
Geist posted...
I wonder about people that put this much thought into their trolling. I mean you sat down and thought that all up for no real reason. Do you just have nothing better to do? Honest question, I mean since you actually put effort into it what do you expect out of it?

People to spam MS twitter and get them to invest in some new AAA exclusives...
And I think it's sad that anything that states simple facts is trolling just because they're not in MS's favor.
#8method115Posted 5/2/2014 11:33:31 AM
Izraeil posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Resistance 3 flopped,but the first one sold over 4million.
And I don't understand why Uncharted fans would be crying over a .1 in one review, Uncharted 2 has 3 whole numbers over Halo 3 on Metacritic and Gamerankings.
Infact Sony has 3 games in the top ten highest rated games of last gen, and MS has 0.
I'm still baffled over how MS fans can even think MS first party is even comparable to Sony's let alone better.

Well one reason is we all have different taste. Last gen I thought MS had the best exclusives Gears of War and Mass effect were amazing. Now I'm completely bored with the gears series and Mass effect is multiplat.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#9GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/2/2014 11:34:43 AM
I'm sorry TC but who are you trying to reassure here ? Yes sony has more ip's under there belt but most those games didn't sell well. How is that MS had less ip's yet still wasn't far behind sony in exclusive sales, if you ask me that it's insane how most Sony dudes don't buy games yet always want to bring them up in a debate.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#10GeistPosted 5/2/2014 11:35:22 AM
Izraeil posted...
<People to spam MS twitter and get them to invest in some new AAA exclusives...

Really? Odd how that is no where in your topic. I see you trashing MS exclusives and praising Sony, even see you insulting MS fans, but no requests for action.

Come on, between you and me, what do you really want out of this topic?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!