I feel like $500 is just too much money for a game console

#21SRBiasPosted 5/2/2014 8:05:19 PM
Get a job and get off my lawn hippies!
#22ArsenicSteelPosted 5/2/2014 8:08:48 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...
Can I play Infamous Second Son and Dead Rising 3 on it? What about upcoming games like Destiny?

Pretty pointless asking about exclusive titles as if there aren't any PC exclusives.

Not pointless at all if those are the games he wants to play.

Then the reply is pointless since the PC builder may not want to play those games exclusives. The comment was only talking about power and not specific titles.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#23CKnightPosted 5/2/2014 8:37:36 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...
Can I play Infamous Second Son and Dead Rising 3 on it? What about upcoming games like Destiny?

Pretty pointless asking about exclusive titles as if there aren't any PC exclusives.

Not pointless at all if those are the games he wants to play.

Then the reply is pointless since the PC builder may not want to play those games exclusives. The comment was only talking about power and not specific titles.

This is an Xbox One/Console board. And the PC builder is recommending a PC build but not taking into consideration that it won't be able to play many Xbox One/Console games.

What he personally wants is irrelevant. If he/they are going to constantly push a PC build that people should get over the Xbox One. We have to address whether or not it will be able to play the same games as the Xbox One.

If his intentions isn't to get people to pass over the Xbox One for a PC build, then why bring it up?

What good is having superior PC hardware if it doesn't have the games you want?
#24ArsenicSteelPosted 5/2/2014 8:44:26 PM
This is an Xbox One/Console board. And the PC builder is recommending a PC build but not taking into consideration that it won't be able to play many Xbox One/Console games.

What he personally wants is irrelevant. If he/they are going to constantly push a PC build that people should get over the Xbox One. We have to address whether or not it will be able to play the same games as the Xbox One.

If his intentions isn't to get people to pass over the Xbox One for a PC build, then why bring it up?

What good is having superior PC hardware if it doesn't have the games you want?

What constantly? One post.
Read the topic. It was about money and the remark that the cost want not just for what was purchased. He could have commented about PS4, Wii U, Ouya, Amazon Fire, or whatever else can play games similar to a home console. You sick children act is if taking about PC is taboo...you truly have insecurity problems.

Game titles seemed to not be relevant to the TC, therefore it's irrelevant to the topic.
---
#25TenzhiPosted 5/2/2014 9:15:51 PM
I suddenly wish I had that infographic of console prices over the years adjusted for inflation...
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#26DamnEvilDogPosted 5/2/2014 9:19:59 PM
TheMove2 posted...
You can build a

4th gen i5 cpu
$200 video card
1 gig hdd
8 gig ram

PC for $700 or under. Not counting a monitor.

Its a complete rip off.

Not saying that you should go PC. But $500 for weak hardware is a joke.

I would pay $400 for XB1 with Kinect.

I would pay $700 for a console that can compete with a $700 pc. PS4 has weak hardware as well.

In a few years this rig will start not able to run games at higher settings because devs are constantly trying to update graphics while consoles will get easier and easier to makes better looking games that will work years down the line while PC games could run into issues where you have to find fixes.

course you could update your card again in a few years, which is another $200... then again.

Keep in mind not everyone can build a computer, sure those of us that can it is all fine and dandy, for others they will have to pay some one else to do it... and that adds to the cost.

Course there are updates that are needed, you have to do a lot of the updates on your own, not everyone knows that, consoles update them selves now a days.

And being a PC gamer means going all digital, so if you buy crap you are stuck with crap.

At least the games are cheaper sometimes and go down in price faster....

Just rememer all that before you start doing your PC build spiel again.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#27jairusmonillasPosted 5/2/2014 9:28:19 PM
TheMove2 posted...
You can build a

4th gen i5 cpu
$200 video card
1 gig hdd
8 gig ram

PC for $700 or under. Not counting a monitor.

Its a complete rip off.

Not saying that you should go PC. But $500 for weak hardware is a joke.

I would pay $400 for XB1 with Kinect.

I would pay $700 for a console that can compete with a $700 pc. PS4 has weak hardware as well.

You can do ALOT MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE with a PC than a console. lol
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#28TheCyborgNinjaPosted 5/2/2014 9:31:50 PM
I feel like race cars are too expensive, so I picked a different hobby.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#29ArsenicSteelPosted 5/2/2014 9:32:29 PM
And being a PC gamer means going all digital, so if you buy crap you are stuck with crap.

I game on PC but I still have bought physical games recently. Sure, I am stuck with those games due to DRM though. I do wonder if this CE and Limited Edition releases will ever just include the code for a digital download along with all the physical goodies...that would seem a little contradictory.
---
#30TenzhiPosted 5/2/2014 9:32:58 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I feel like race cars are too expensive, so I picked a different hobby.

You should've built your own for cheaper.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.