What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

#11InjusticeRebornPosted 5/3/2014 1:05:45 AM
I haven't touched Dark Souls 1 or 2 yet, but I have to say, after the pleasure I had with the first Demon's Souls, I'm looking forward to a second one, if it's all true.

But why would Microsoft need to counter this? Dark Souls 1 and 2 are multi-plat, they're similar experiences (from what I gather).

From Software just need to hurry up and announce a new Armored Core game.
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#12SRBiasPosted 5/3/2014 1:13:02 AM
Agreed, Souls is not Final Fantasy, it isn't Resident Evil, it does sell pretty decent however. The first dark souls was 2.5 million if I am not mistaken. It would be a nice feather for Sony in It's hat to have exclusive. However, Phil says he has something big and Japanese for us exclusively, we shall see.
#13SoulTrapperPosted 5/3/2014 1:23:59 AM
The Demon/Dark Souls series themselves aren't huge sellers, but this would be (if it's true) yet another reason for a lot of people to go with a PS4 over an xbox one.

These are all small things (like the indie games) but they add up and MS needs to come up with something fast if they want to turn the tide.

Regardless of the fact that the "race" is long, getting behind this much at the start isn't a good thing.
#14da_StoOgePosted 5/3/2014 1:36:04 AM
MS are going to destroy E3. Trust me. They're a cornered animal right now with a few billion dollars to toss at the farmer with the shotgun and buy their way out.

Honestly, I'm more worried about how Sony is going to do. They all end up with a great library, but I hope they won't just coast off of the PS4's popularity for a while.

But that project beast thing looks amazing. If it really is a Demon's Souls style game then I guess I needn't worry.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#15SuperSuikodenPosted 5/3/2014 1:36:55 AM
Lost Odyssey 2
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
#16StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 1:45:38 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Inb4 halo,gears,forza,repeat
Nothing IMO this game alone will steal e3 regardless of leaks.

Lol I love how everyone is all of a sudden acting like the Souls games are commercial powerhouses.

They aren't. Microsoft can announce practically anything and it'll more than likely get more recognition than Demon's Souls 2 would. The only people who would care(or act like they care) would be the types that frequent these sites/boards.

Prepare to eat crow. Demon Souls sold around 1.7 million on PS3 and the Dark Souls game have greatly expanded the audience. The game won't sell 8 million, but 3 million is very attainable and it just adds to PS4's diverse library of games.
#17TheeLeehamPosted 5/3/2014 2:01:36 AM
Shenmue 3
#18billOrileyPosted 5/3/2014 2:13:31 AM
StrongBlackVine posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Inb4 halo,gears,forza,repeat
Nothing IMO this game alone will steal e3 regardless of leaks.

Lol I love how everyone is all of a sudden acting like the Souls games are commercial powerhouses.

They aren't. Microsoft can announce practically anything and it'll more than likely get more recognition than Demon's Souls 2 would. The only people who would care(or act like they care) would be the types that frequent these sites/boards.

Prepare to eat crow. Demon Souls sold around 1.7 million on PS3 and the Dark Souls game have greatly expanded the audience. The game won't sell 8 million, but 3 million is very attainable and it just adds to PS4's diverse library of games.

plus all 3 games are critically acclaimed.
#19Styrof0amPosted 5/3/2014 2:29:29 AM
So Demon Souls 2 is for PS4, what TF is/was for XB1?
Supposedly the next killer app?
---

No commentary. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#20Jedi454Posted 5/3/2014 2:31:43 AM
The Souls games are for casuals.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.