What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)
1 year ago#101
josh924 posted...
prozac786 posted...
josh924 posted...
billOriley posted...
prozac786 posted...
Nothing. MS has 3 decent exclusives. Gears, Halo, Forza.

That's that.

They'll rinse and repeat those 3 for the next 5 years just like they did on the 360.

I bet you guys hate the Uncharted games, the Ratchet and Clank games, and the God of War games too, right? Or is it only considered "rinse and repeat" when it comes to games that aren't on your preferred console?

It's rinse and repeat on both consoles. But MS only has those 3 with any real sales.

Most people don't call it "rinse and repeat"; they call it a "franchise". And FYI, MS has at least two more franchises in Fable and Kinect Sports. They might not be to your liking, but they clearly sell well enough to keep the franchises going.

I only used the words Rinse and Repeat, because you used them. I'm quite happy with franchises, even yearly releases.

If you look at my original post, I was saying MS has decent exclusives, they're just a limited number, 3-4.

Forgot about Fable though.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
1 year ago#102
Dark souls 3 xbone exclusive 2015
---
Monicaaa
1 year ago#103
MonicasBack posted...
Dark souls 3 xbone exclusive 2015

Would never happen for numerous reasons.
1 year ago#104
josh924 posted...
kyncani posted...
Titanfall is different. It was a game that is ultimately utterly unimportant.
The hype is already dead.

How dead can it really be if the Titanfall board has been the number 1 board for an Xbox One game since the game launched almost two months ago?

The Xbox One version is positioned 75 and dropping fast in Amazon list of best sellers, long behind games like Call of Duty, The Last Of Us, Infamous, Battlefield, Mario, Pokemon, GTA, Kirby, Minecraft, FIFA, Assassin's Creed, NBA, Just Dance and the like.

It is the most active board, as far as Xbox One games go, OK.
In fact, it is pretty much the only released Xbox One game some people even have any remote interest in, with Call of Duty ghost, also somehow in Amazon top 100.
But it's also quite dead.
1 year ago#105
TheeLeeham posted...
Shenmue 3

This. A lot of people have been asking MS for Shenmue 3 (even though it's not their IP and don't own it). If MS takes that as a hint and manages to secure the rights to the game. 99% of gamers would take a Shenmue 3 over Project beast/demon soul 2.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
1 year ago#106
josh924 posted...
kyncani posted...
Titanfall is different. It was a game that is ultimately utterly unimportant.
The hype is already dead.

How dead can it really be if the Titanfall board has been the number 1 board for an Xbox One game since the game launched almost two months ago?

It's pretty dead bro. Yeah it's the #1 on xboxone but lol whys that? It was the 'must own' game on xboxone.

On the 360 it's #5, Dark Souls 2 being #1
Turns out the 360, having the bigger install base has chosen the better game.

Something like Project Beast will obviously be more popular to that crowd,
and sway buyers into avoiding xboxone even more.
Only reason xboxone owners act like Project Beast is irrelevant is because they won't get to play it on their 500$ box.
Meanwhile they probably still turn on their 360s to play Dark Souls 2 when TitanFall gets boring on xboxone.

Dark Souls 2 being #1 on 360 to TitanFalls #5 says more then you seem to think of the weight of the Souls series.
Sure shooters sell well, but Souls will move more units of ps4 then TitanFall and the rest they got did for xboxone.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#107
mike468 posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
Shenmue 3

This. A lot of people have been asking MS for Shenmue 3 (even though it's not their IP and don't own it). If MS takes that as a hint and manages to secure the rights to the game. 99% of gamers would take a Shenmue 3 over Project beast/demon soul 2.

That's likely true.

Unfortunately for Microsoft, Sony has heard the same things and Cerny has been spotted quite a few times with Yu Suzuki (the Shenmue creator).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-developer-doing-gdc-postmortem-ps4-architect-mark-cerny-translating/1100-6416418/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/could_mark_cerny_and_yu_suzuki_be_discussing_shenmue_iii_for_ps4

So if it would be coming, I doubt it would be an xbox exclusive.
1 year ago#108
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Inb4 halo,gears,forza,repeat
Nothing IMO this game alone will steal e3 regardless of leaks.

Lol I love how everyone is all of a sudden acting like the Souls games are commercial powerhouses.

They aren't. Microsoft can announce practically anything and it'll more than likely get more recognition than Demon's Souls 2 would. The only people who would care(or act like they care) would be the types that frequent these sites/boards.

Yea since when did souls game been a system sellers ? I can guarantee you that Fable will sell more than DS.
1 year ago#109
chrish909 posted...
cminc posted...
It's funny that the console with the fewest exclusive games has the loudest fans claiming its library is the most diverse when, very clearly, ms has a lot more going on than sony.

Ps4 is a cheaper console thats selling better than a more expensive one. Ps4 has indie games, killzone, knack, infamous and the order...which is to say that ps4 has indie games.

You people really think that FINALLY getting another exclusive announced means something after all this time with no news? You're not even close to being caught up with what ms has put out for xb1, much less what they announced at e3 LAST year...

this guy speaks the truth

Why is the Xbone selling half as many units as the PS4 if it has all the games?
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived