What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

#111scoobydoobydontPosted 5/4/2014 12:04:53 AM
WhyGeeGee posted...
Yea since when did souls game been a system sellers ? I can guarantee you that Fable will sell more than DS.

Fun fact: the entire Souls line up combined (DeS, DS1,DSII, all formats) has just managed to sell about as much as Fable III on 360. I wonder if the new MP focused Fable on Xbone will actually manage to do as well though. There's a lot working against it (damage from FIII, Xbone install base and old Fable fans abandoning Xbox, MP focus).
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#112Styrof0amPosted 5/4/2014 12:06:21 AM
kyncani posted...
Oh, in that case, no, as I understand it is very different.

Souls games are very important for that niche gameplay, kinda like Pokemon, Mario, Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy are important in their own niche.
All those games have their followers.

Titanfall is different. It was a game that is ultimately utterly unimportant.
The hype is already dead. It's all about the next Call of Duty now.

Ahh, makes sense, and yes it seems like TF didn't have the steam to go the distance. Despite some interesting ideas in it like cloud "powered bots and burn cards, it lost it's mojo ... at least for me. I still play it, but Ghosts has seen far more game time.

As for the thread topic, cloud Fable possibly offer a challege to DS4 (or Project Beast)?
---

No commentary. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#113dnmtPosted 5/4/2014 12:06:25 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
WhyGeeGee posted...
Yea since when did souls game been a system sellers ? I can guarantee you that Fable will sell more than DS.

Fun fact: the entire Souls line up combined (DeS, DS1,DSII, all formats) has just managed to sell about as much as Fable III on 360. I wonder if the new MP focused Fable on Xbone will actually manage to do as well though. There's a lot working against it (damage from FIII, Xbone install base and old Fable fans abandoning Xbox, MP focus).

I thought sale numbers didn't matter? (;
#114StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 2:22:51 AM
mike468 posted...
TheeLeeham posted...
Shenmue 3

This. A lot of people have been asking MS for Shenmue 3 (even though it's not their IP and don't own it). If MS takes that as a hint and manages to secure the rights to the game. 99% of gamers would take a Shenmue 3 over Project beast/demon soul 2.

Shennue 3 is not bigger than an exclusive Souls and definitely would not sell more. Shenmue 2 was a flop and financial disaster, but nostalgia blinds people.
#115StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 2:27:01 AM
WhyGeeGee posted...

WhyGeeGee posted...

Souls is gaining popularity while Fable has declined significantly.
#116Fog9Posted 5/4/2014 7:03:50 AM
Dark souls still manages to be in the top 10 list.. top 10 in both 360/ps3.

Souls series may not be for everyone, but the majority of reviews are top notch. Very high 80's low 90's.

Dark Souls II is in the runnings to be GOTY
---
psn/xbl: hydefog9
#117Fog9Posted 5/4/2014 7:07:05 AM
Checked the 360 top ten,,, titanfall is not on that list, Dark Souls is #4.

Thats wassup/
---
psn/xbl: hydefog9
#118Who_NosePosted 5/4/2014 8:25:40 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The Souls games are for casuals.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.

After a comment like that, actually after all of your comments, your sig is quite ironic.
#119grampamurkedPosted 5/4/2014 10:08:43 AM
Pumpedu posted...
What game?

Watch "SOULS NEWS: Demon's Souls 2 Leak - "Project Beast"" on YouTube
SOULS NEWS: Demon's Souls 2 Leak - "Project Beast": http://youtu.be/1M2Y-R18Mo0
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#120grampamurkedPosted 5/4/2014 10:14:22 AM
And I don't think there is ANYTHING ms could do. FROM Software has created a monster in this series. As it's popularity grows I can see this being a HUGE franchise.

Thank god I have a ps4 as well.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU