What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

#21Styrof0amPosted 5/3/2014 2:34:24 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The Souls games are for casuals.

And this is a bad thing?

What exactly is a casual (as opposed to a hardcore gamer, I assume)?
Someone worth less or more in a gaming community? Or to the publisher?
---

No commentary. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#22SoulTrapperPosted 5/3/2014 2:36:05 AM
Styrof0am posted...
So Demon Souls 2 is for PS4, what TF is/was for XB1?
Supposedly the next killer app?

No, not really.

TF was hailed as the CoD killer and "the tide turner", this is just a good game with a decent share of fans.

It's not even certain that this is an exclusive or that this is even real at this point.
#23DarkFistsPosted 5/3/2014 2:37:28 AM
If a new Unreal Tournament ends up being MS exclusive, I think that might give it a run for its money, but...I dunno. This is coming from someone who likes both Unreal Tournament and the Souls games.
#24Styrof0amPosted 5/3/2014 2:40:40 AM
I really need to get my head in the game (both figuratively and litterally)

I've never hard of Demon Souls (Google calls it an Action RPG, which explains why), but there's a new Unreal Tourney coming?
---

#25Jedi454Posted 5/3/2014 2:44:59 AM
Styrof0am posted...
Jedi454 posted...
The Souls games are for casuals.

And this is a bad thing?

What exactly is a casual (as opposed to a hardcore gamer, I assume)?
Someone worth less or more in a gaming community? Or to the publisher?

I was joking bro.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#26Styrof0amPosted 5/3/2014 2:47:45 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I was joking bro.

Hahahaha ... so that's what that wooosh sound was (^^,)
---

#27kyncaniPosted 5/3/2014 2:49:05 AM
Styrof0am posted...
So Demon Souls 2 is for PS4, what TF is/was for XB1?
Supposedly the next killer app?

Err, the PS4 is already killing the XB1, with or without TF, with or without any Souls game.
#28Tyronelio1Posted 5/3/2014 2:57:06 AM
StrongBlackVine posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Inb4 halo,gears,forza,repeat
Nothing IMO this game alone will steal e3 regardless of leaks.

Lol I love how everyone is all of a sudden acting like the Souls games are commercial powerhouses.

They aren't. Microsoft can announce practically anything and it'll more than likely get more recognition than Demon's Souls 2 would. The only people who would care(or act like they care) would be the types that frequent these sites/boards.

Prepare to eat crow. Demon Souls sold around 1.7 million on PS3 and the Dark Souls game have greatly expanded the audience. The game won't sell 8 million, but 3 million is very attainable and it just adds to PS4's diverse library of games.

Lol no.

Atleast the x1 has a variety of games for people to play, not just a bunch of dudebro games.

Guess this "indiestation" 4 is the new dudebro console.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#29DolemiteXPPosted 5/3/2014 3:14:48 AM
The Souls brand is such an overrated group of games it's hilarious. Yes they are good and fun games but I always chuckled when people label them as being the most difficult/satisfying games you'll play. The only thing that makes these games difficult is that a large number of players try and rambo their way through them.

I don't know how many vids I've seen of people just doing idiotic stuff like mashing the attack till their out of stamina, not blocking even though they are carrying a shield, chugging potions while standing right next to enemies, sprinting full speed through new areas, etc...
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#30InterzoneMantraPosted 5/3/2014 3:19:01 AM
DolemiteXP posted...
The Souls brand is such an overrated group of games it's hilarious. Yes they are good and fun games but I always chuckled when people label them as being the most difficult/satisfying games you'll play. The only thing that makes these games difficult is that a large number of players try and rambo their way through them.

I don't know how many vids I've seen of people just doing idiotic stuff like mashing the attack till their out of stamina, not blocking even though they are carrying a shield, chugging potions while standing right next to enemies, sprinting full speed through new areas, etc...

pretty much this.People always make the mistake of just running through the game trying to hack and slash Just be patient, figure out enemy attack patterns, done and done. I don't think it's overrated, i like the sense of accomplishment when i beat a boss etc.