What can Microsoft announce to counter Demon Souls 2 (Project Beast)

#31TaffmanGPosted 5/3/2014 3:26:06 AM
Phil Spencer says he has something big and Japanese.

It's a Kinect controlled sumo game.
#32Styrof0amPosted 5/3/2014 3:30:12 AM
kyncani posted...
Styrof0am posted...
So Demon Souls 2 is for PS4, what TF is/was for XB1?
Supposedly the next killer app?

Err, the PS4 is already killing the XB1, with or without TF, with or without any Souls game.

Well, I couldn't really tell from all the praise on the first page. I got a strong pre-TF release vibe.

I suppose, must-have would've been a better phrase than killer app, because I was asking the question out of genuine curiosity.
---

No commentary. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#33chedibang1994Posted 5/3/2014 3:33:38 AM
Sony got this that's awesome news!!! But I got to say they better not make the game hollow for pretty visuals that would piss me off, seriously!!!
But hey Microsoft should throw money at capcom again and give us a dragons dogma 2 I would really love that compared to souls
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#34TenzhiPosted 5/3/2014 3:34:58 AM
TaffmanG posted...
Phil Spencer says he has something big and Japanese.

It's a Kinect controlled sumo game.

Dosukoi! Hrm... While I loathe the Kinect, a sumo game would at least catch my interest long enough to actually watch gameplay and ponder it. Which would at least put it on equal footing with me as any of the D. Souls games.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#35Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/3/2014 3:55:01 AM
billOriley posted...
plus all 3 games are critically acclaimed.

Critical acclaim is of no consequence. Why on Earth should you trust people in their 20s that couldn't even get a proper job?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#36Apex-PlayerPosted 5/3/2014 4:10:33 AM
Guess it works out this game won't appear on an xbox console,
clearly not getting it is the better option for a few of these posters.

Wonder if the #1 game forum on 360 right now (Dark Souls 2) has all those players feeling this way?
For me, passing on a Souls game would be a punishment.
Missing out on another Souls game has got to suck for those few fans of the series on 360/Xboxone.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#37kyncaniPosted 5/3/2014 4:17:22 AM
Styrof0am posted...
kyncani posted...
Styrof0am posted...
So Demon Souls 2 is for PS4, what TF is/was for XB1?
Supposedly the next killer app?

Err, the PS4 is already killing the XB1, with or without TF, with or without any Souls game.

Well, I couldn't really tell from all the praise on the first page. I got a strong pre-TF release vibe.

I suppose, must-have would've been a better phrase than killer app, because I was asking the question out of genuine curiosity.

Well, for all the praises, it still is nothing more than an online only shooter.
Nobody seriously thought it would be a killer app that would save the Xbox One and it didn't.

All the praise from the first page came from Microsoft overzealous fanboys that clinged on that last hope before the next one, Halo 5, coming in 2015.

The hype is completely dead now.
The Xbox One version is positioned 75 and dropping fast in Amazon list of best sellers, long behind games like Call of Duty, The Last Of Us, Infamous, Battlefield, Mario, Pokemon, GTA, Kirby, Minecraft, FIFA, Assassin's Creed, NBA, Just Dance and the like.

So no. It isn't a killer app. It isn't a must-have app.

And it certainly didn't save the Xbox One either.
#38torto14Posted 5/3/2014 4:21:29 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The Souls games are for casuals.

Jesus, I've never seen a signature be so fitting.
#39SubSeenixPosted 5/3/2014 4:30:18 AM(edited)
Well the first post said it

While Sony is getting games like Project Beast(possible Demon Souls 2) and other wanted games Microsoft is supposed to work on another Halo...3 at the same time.

They have it much harder cause their fanbase isn't accepting variety so obviously they only have the choices between 2-3 franchises unlike Sony.

And comparing Titanfall to the Souls Series is just funny.

The Souls Series is one of the most loved series of all time in gaming.Everyone who plays these games love them so its a pretty big catch for Sony if its a PS4 Exclusive.
Even the "few" Xbox and PC Players will want to play a NEXT GEN Souls Game.

Titanfall is just another FPS like you can get 5 on every platform yearly.
#40chedibang1994Posted 5/3/2014 4:51:30 AM
SubSeenix posted...
Well the first post said it

While Sony is getting games like Project Beast(possible Demon Souls 2) and other wanted games Microsoft is supposed to work on another Halo...3 at the same time.

They have it much harder cause their fanbase isn't accepting variety so obviously they only have the choices between 2-3 franchises unlike Sony.

And comparing Titanfall to the Souls Series is just funny.

The Souls Series is one of the most loved series of all time in gaming.Everyone who plays these games love them so its a pretty big catch for Sony if its a PS4 Exclusive.
Even the "few" Xbox and PC Players will want to play a NEXT GEN Souls Game.

Titanfall is just another FPS like you can get 5 on every platform yearly.

True comparing TF to souls but think about this not many people love this beloved series because of it's game difficulty not everyone likes hard games as we do as some call it "doin to much" as I said I'm happy sony got it just hope it's not watered down for visuals
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation