Why do people still praise EA even after the slop they've pulled on consumers?

#11SoulTrapperPosted 5/3/2014 2:33:25 AM
The reason EA still sell games is marketing.

They've beaten to death franchise after franchise and now they're digging up their corpses. Along with it, they can tap into the nostalgia of the people who liked those franchises and make it seem like they'll finally turn things around.

In reality, they'll just end up beating those IPs to death yet again.

EA will always destroy everything they touch.

https://i.imgur.com/SVWf7Km.png
#12Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:40:08 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
The reason EA still sell games is marketing.

They've beaten to death franchise after franchise and now they're digging up their corpses. Along with it, they can tap into the nostalgia of the people who liked those franchises and make it seem like they'll finally turn things around.

In reality, they'll just end up beating those IPs to death yet again.

EA will always destroy everything they touch.

https://i.imgur.com/SVWf7Km.png

Reading that brings EA down to a new low. Of course some of the points are opinions, but it's unacceptable with some of the stuff they've done.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#13lilj812Posted 5/3/2014 2:41:57 AM
EA also has sports titles that are all but guaranteed to bring in huge profits. They focus on graphics and advertising first, which is smart to be honest. But they also make great games as well. As a business I hate a lot of the things they do but their games can't be denied.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#14Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:43:40 AM
lilj812 posted...
EA also has sports titles that are all but guaranteed to bring in huge profits. They focus on graphics and advertising first, which is smart to be honest. But they also make great games as well. As a business I hate a lot of the things they do but their games can't be denied.

Madden and NBA Live are not high quality titles in my opinion.
---
#15Tyronelio1Posted 5/3/2014 2:53:14 AM
Ea has done nothing wrong other than on disc dlc IMO.

It's the devs fault for the games, DICE and Maxis should get their crap together instead of releasing half arsed titles.

As with the devs they have closed, well make better games? If you're a game developer then you should be able to make games people want to buy and not crappy games or mediocre unoriginal games.

Also fun little tidbit almost everyone from the dev studios ea shut down merged with another studio..

The devolopers should always be blamed first and then the publishers but only if there's proof that the publisher has done something wrong.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#16Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:59:56 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Ea has done nothing wrong other than on disc dlc IMO.

It's the devs fault for the games, DICE and Maxis should get their crap together instead of releasing half arsed titles.

As with the devs they have closed, well make better games? If you're a game developer then you should be able to make games people want to buy and not crappy games or mediocre unoriginal games.

Also fun little tidbit almost everyone from the dev studios ea shut down merged with another studio..

The devolopers should always be blamed first and then the publishers but only if there's proof that the publisher has done something wrong.

DICE and Maxis work really hard though. Their older titles never had any of these problems, I was a hardcore Sims 1 and 2 (to a certain extent) fan, I also got to play BFBC2 and people told me that game ran beautifully majority of the time.
---
#17Tyronelio1Posted 5/3/2014 3:04:20 AM
They my work too hard for their abilities.

Both sims 2 and BFBC2 were both published by ea.

I love maxis and I still play sims 3 and simcity4 a lot but that whole launch business was them and ea under estimating the demand for the new simcity and yeah the rest is history.

Not to mention the cities you can build in simcity are waaay too tiny. :(
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#18youngskillzPosted 5/3/2014 3:13:45 AM
madden is garbage, i liked dead space, but that seems to be dead now.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#19ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 5:20:10 AM
because despite all the crap they do, they still are able to release good games like ME series , DA:O, etc.

DA:O and ME1 were mostly completed without the influence of the EA Overlords.
DA2 was all EA and was a turd.
ME2 was f'd up with EA trying to tinker with the formula and changing their target demographic.
ME3 got back on track and hopefully shows that Bioware should just be given a budget and no hurried goals/milestones to meet from EA.

The less interference EA has on games it publishes the better off those games are.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#20Reece504Posted 5/3/2014 5:36:11 AM(edited)
They still made great games besides Bethesda gets away with making the buggiest glitch filled games ever and gets praised all the time fallout 3 was unplayable at times with bad textures and ai getting stuck forcing me to have to reset or start over, npc disappearing me falling through rocks etc etc and skyrim you can climb a mountain with a horse vertically lol the list goes on but I guess since the story is so well all this some how gets over looked. Yes ea drop the ball with bf4 but they made games like fight night, mass effect, dragon age, dead space,mirrors edge,UFC 2014.