Why do people still praise EA even after the slop they've pulled on consumers?

#21ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 4:48:38 AM(edited)
Reece504 posted...
They still made great games besides Bethesda gets away with making the buggiest glitch filled games ever and gets praised all the time fallout 3 was unplayable at times with bad textures and ai getting stuck forcing me to have to reset or start over, npc disappearing me falling through rocks etc etc and skyrim you can climb a mountain with a horse vertically lol the list goes on but I guess since the story is so well all this some how gets over looked. Yes ea drop the ball with bf4 but they made games like fight night, mass effect, dragon age, dead space,mirrors edge,UFC 2014.

How does Bethesda get away with in when every damn gamer calls them out on it? Bethesda's buggy games are a quality issue that is around because they code/QA poorly. EA's issues are more because of their conscience decisions to rip apart games and rush projects.

So yes, accidental incompetence gets a little more leeway than intentional design failures.

Zenimax/Betheda's BS greed tactics have been noted just as often as EA's though.

---
A heretic among heretics.
#22GeistPosted 5/3/2014 4:56:36 AM
Because EA has always brought out some of the best titles ever and well they never really did anything wrong. This new generation of gamers are just an over emotional bunch who whine too much and like to pretend game companies are cheesy 80s film bad guys.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#23ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 5:04:13 AM
Geist posted...
Because EA has always brought out some of the best titles ever and well they never really did anything wrong. This new generation of gamers are just an over emotional bunch who whine too much and like to pretend game companies are cheesy 80s film bad guys.

I think you mean bought.
I don't know about doing "wrong" but EA has a track record of making really bad decisions in their games and business goals. Those bad decisions create consumers/employees that are displeased with the company. At that point it's only a matter of time before people start talking about what made them displeased.

We don't live in a world where negative actions and emotions go on without expression.
---
#24RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/3/2014 5:19:22 AM
Every company is a money grabber. In case you haven't realized the gaming industry is getting more difficult to make money for developers. In order to compensate losses DLC makes up for it.

Its pretty simple for consumers. Buy DLC or don't, ita your choice.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
3DS FC - 5301-0384-5258
#25UtterMoonPosted 5/3/2014 5:25:00 AM
Because hating a massive dev/publisher like EA and everything that has its logo on it is silly...and juvenile. But there are plenty of reasons as to why this is so...and they vary from person to person. My reason for not hating everything about EA is that EA owns Bioware...which just so happens to be one of my favorite devs. EA was also behind Mirrors Edge and Dead Space...and the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars Battlefront....I don't hate EA because EA still makes good games, and good games are always deserving of praise.
#26ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 7:30:09 AM
UtterMoon posted...
Because hating a massive dev/publisher like EA and everything that has its logo on it is silly...and juvenile. But there are plenty of reasons as to why this is so...and they vary from person to person. My reason for not hating everything about EA is that EA owns Bioware...which just so happens to be one of my favorite devs. EA was also behind Mirrors Edge and Dead Space...and the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars Battlefront....I don't hate EA because EA still makes good games, and good games are always deserving of praise.

And what exactly are people supposed to do when a product is not praiseworthy or one of they ones you claim to be "good"?

Mature people value all input and can gleam a bit of information even from the most absurd rant. Disliking a product/company and speaking out is not juvenile by any stretch or bastardization of the term.

Every company is a money grabber. In case you haven't realized the gaming industry is getting more difficult to make money for developers. In order to compensate losses DLC makes up for it.

Its pretty simple for consumers. Buy DLC or don't, ita your choice.

Every profit driven organization is out to make money, of course. Not every such organization is driven and blinded by their own greed and hubris though. Anyone that has researched businesses, read news articles, press releases, or any sort of information will be able to tell you that companies can range from good to bad because of their employees, products, management, corporate attitude, and many other factors.

Buying what you want with your money is only one factor in how customers can influence businesses. Being vocal in either support or disapproval a business is another.
---
#27scoobydoobydontPosted 5/3/2014 7:31:16 AM
Stockholm syndrome.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#28CRASS5000Posted 5/3/2014 7:49:43 AM
Do people praise EA? I thought we just put up with their **** in order to play the games they publish.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#29DamnEvilDogPosted 5/3/2014 8:45:59 AM
EA does get a lot of hate for what they do, and some of it is well deserved, but like others have said, they putout games.

And not just any old games, they take chances and give us games that are better and more unique in some cases then what others offer.

Hate them if you wish to, but they have funded some really damn good titles and if you decide not to buy at least a few of them you are missing out.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#30ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 8:54:33 AM
EA does get a lot of hate for what they do, and some of it is well deserved, but like others have said, they putout games.

They bought the rights to their more recent games. Their output is largely just because they have a lot of money. Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Kingdoms of Amalur...all from studios that had nothing to do with EA before they bought them.
---