Why do people still praise EA even after the slop they've pulled on consumers?

#31regsantotomasPosted 5/3/2014 9:05:46 AM(edited)
I actually see very little praise for EA. Ultimately a publisher is going to push to maximize its profits. Deadlines are part of that reality.

The points regarding many of their mistakes regarding online and arguably value-lacking content are definitely worth talking about if they merit customer support or not.

Instead of attacking other consumers or even the publisher; assessing then discussing each game/service on a case by case basis is far more fruitful and arguably does more to drive consumer behavior and change the market accordingly.

I think that some people simply enjoy many of their games. The type of games and offerings you see are really dictated by what the free market is willing to bear. Sure, many people can try to marginalize "roster updates" but if consumers want to see it - and most importantly buy - then that is what companies will offer.

Consumer behavior will always supersede random postings on the internet - my own included.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#32Viper187666Posted 5/3/2014 10:03:57 AM
I don't even know where to begin. They've pretty much killed the arcade sports genre. I kind of liked Knockout Kings 2000, but it seems nobody will compete with Punchout. Midway made good sports titles. RIP. They jam a bunch of multiplayer achievements in everything then shut down servers faster than any other publisher. I've seen ancient games where the multiplayer still worked for achievements because it didn't require any central servers. They need to either do that more oor stop having online required achievements, especially those stupid race day event things on NFS.

Speaking of NFS, why the hell is it turning into Forza/PGR? More street racing and good handling, please. Burnout Revenge was amazing, but I couldn't stand Paradise. Not everything needs to turn into a sandbox game. They pretty much killed those. They killed the Def Jam games. I'm sure the list goes on. They totally failed with the last Sim City with trying to require online until hackers proved it wasn't necessary.

Sad thing is, their Bond title on N64 (TWINE) was probably still better than the junk Activision is shoveling for Bond now. Nobody will ever top the original Goldeneye for Bond games though, which is why I'll never understand why these other idiots got the license away from Rare. I doubt all the Activision Bond games combined have turned the profit that Goldeneye did. I think I hate Activision more than EA at this point because they slap COD iron sights junk on EVERY title, and refuse to price drop like other publishers. Their bastardized version of Goldeneye took like 4 years to hit $20.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#33darkace77450Posted 5/3/2014 10:40:12 AM
"EA does no wrong."

It's like The Old Republic, Battlefield 4, Dead Space 3, Dragon Age 2, SimCity, and Medal of Honor didn't just happen.
#34leelee3105Posted 5/3/2014 10:44:03 AM
i still respect them because fifa year in and year out is by far the best sports game out there. and yes im American before anyone asks
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#35SRBiasPosted 5/3/2014 11:38:12 AM
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/best-ever/best-studio-ea-killed-ever

Has a little bad language but it brings up great points.
#36AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/3/2014 11:51:03 AM
You don't want people to praise EA, yet you praise Microsoft.

Uhhhh...I don't even...
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee
#37Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 11:55:56 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

Uhhhh...I don't even...

You're putting false words in my mouth.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#38FPS_hitmanPosted 5/3/2014 12:05:21 PM
Jedi454 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

Uhhhh...I don't even...

You're putting false words in my mouth.

No he is not. Your the biggest Xbox fanboy here now that legend and necro stopped posting. You jump usually second on every post and praise MS.

I was gonna put his exact post. You deep throat MS like crazy then call out EA. Kind of ironic isn't it?
#39MajesticFerretPosted 5/3/2014 12:37:28 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
UtterMoon posted...
Because hating a massive dev/publisher like EA and everything that has its logo on it is silly...and juvenile. But there are plenty of reasons as to why this is so...and they vary from person to person. My reason for not hating everything about EA is that EA owns Bioware...which just so happens to be one of my favorite devs. EA was also behind Mirrors Edge and Dead Space...and the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars Battlefront....I don't hate EA because EA still makes good games, and good games are always deserving of praise.

And what exactly are people supposed to do when a product is not praiseworthy or one of they ones you claim to be "good"?

Mature people value all input and can gleam a bit of information even from the most absurd rant. Disliking a product/company and speaking out is not juvenile by any stretch or bastardization of the term.

Every company is a money grabber. In case you haven't realized the gaming industry is getting more difficult to make money for developers. In order to compensate losses DLC makes up for it.

Its pretty simple for consumers. Buy DLC or don't, ita your choice.

Every profit driven organization is out to make money, of course. Not every such organization is driven and blinded by their own greed and hubris though. Anyone that has researched businesses, read news articles, press releases, or any sort of information will be able to tell you that companies can range from good to bad because of their employees, products, management, corporate attitude, and many other factors.

Buying what you want with your money is only one factor in how customers can influence businesses. Being vocal in either support or disapproval a business is another.

EA doesn't care what you think, nor does anyone on this board.

Speak with your wallet if you don't like the games they publish, but whining like a 10 yr old doesn't make anyone want to buy any of the triple A games they publish any less.

And LMFAO at ME2 being EA's fault. So EA's responsible for making the highest rated and most well received of the ME series? Wow, good for them.

More like Bioware and everyone who had any taste realized that ME1 had unrefined garbage for an inventory system and that it's battle system consisted of a few broken moves and the rest were garbage. ME3's battle system and inventory had far more in common with 2 than 1, so why you think 2 was watered down for the masses is beyond me. Polish/refinement /=/ dumbed down.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#40ArsenicSteelPosted 5/3/2014 1:15:25 PM(edited)
EA doesn't care what you think, nor does anyone on this board.

You are talking for way more people than you possible are able to reasonably cover.

Speak with your wallet if you don't like the games they publish, but whining like a 10 yr old doesn't make anyone want to buy any of the triple A games they publish any less.

Funny that isn't how business works. Businesses take consumer opinion and factor it into their decisions at varying rates depending on the company. I'm way past 10 and have take classes on this matter and practiced this concept in the real world. Businesses can't make negative opinions go away and neither can you.

Businesses try to address those with negative opinions with action. You address negative opinion(that has nothing to do with you) by insinuating that only children make their negative opinions known.

Read up on business and consumer history. Better yet, take a class. A little education will teach you that you shouldn't speak for other people and that consumer opinion is accounted for by businesses.

And LMFAO at ME2 being EA's fault. So EA's responsible for making the highest rated and most well received of the ME series? Wow, good for them.

Yup EA is responsible for all the ratings and praise that's showered on that game. They certainly did a good job of getting negative comments taken down. There were so many on the Bioware forums too...just wow. Wait, didn't you say they don't care about my comments? Not caring means apathy and taking no action for or against.

Plus, I don't know were your little tirade about ME2 came from. What exactly did I say about it? Kinda sounds like you mentally snapped and went into defense-mode for no good reason.

EA is a bad company with good games franchises.
---
A heretic among heretics.