The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

#1PhaseBlackPosted 5/3/2014 9:36:26 AM
The Xbox One has been locked in a brutal struggle with the PS4 but Mario Kart 8 is getting tons of buzz, which is rather surprising given the state of the Wii U.

So far the Wii U has been no competition at all, but how do you think it will affect the Xbox One if it has to go against both the PS4 and a reinvigorated Wii U? I just think MS could end up getting blindsided since the Wii U is much cheaper and it's getting both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. this year.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Jiggy101011Posted 5/3/2014 9:45:22 AM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
The Xbox One has been locked in a brutal struggle with the PS4 but Mario Kart 8 is getting tons of buzz, which is rather surprising given the state of the Wii U.

So far the Wii U has been no competition at all, but how do you think it will affect the Xbox One if it has to go against both the PS4 and a reinvigorated Wii U? I just think MS could end up getting blindsided since the Wii U is much cheaper and it's getting both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. this year.

There is your answer why Mario Kart 8 is getting the hype, the WiiU has a lack of games right now and that is why the console isn't selling very well in it's second year.

Demons Souls is getting hype because of a lack of AAA games on PS4. Titanfall got it's hype for the same reason. Now it is the WiiU's turn. I'm not understanding how you can spin this as a negative for Microsoft, why not see it as a positive that gamer's are getting more games?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall
#3PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 9:45:54 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

There is your answer why Mario Kart 8 is getting the hype, the WiiU has a lack of games right now and that is why the console isn't selling very well in it's second year.

Demons Souls is getting hype because of a lack of AAA games on PS4. Titanfall got it's hype for the same reason. Now it is the WiiU's turn. I'm not understanding how you can spin this as a negative for Microsoft, why not see it as a positive that gamer's are getting more games?

What are you talking about with "Demon's Souls on PS4"? O_o
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4MuryoPosted 5/3/2014 9:46:16 AM
You mean that Nintendo racer that is FULL of content, LITTLE dependance on dlc and doesn't need fictional cloud processing to give it's 100%?
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#5Robin_MaskPosted 5/3/2014 9:47:52 AM
That reminds me, that new Mario Kart game has a **** roster, Double Dash probably was the most creative and fun, along with a great roster.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#6mokmuudPosted 5/3/2014 9:49:09 AM
Muryo posted...
You mean that Nintendo racer that is FULL of content, LITTLE dependance on dlc and doesn't need fictional cloud processing to give it's 100%?

Historically Mario Kart has always done extremely well.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#7Jiggy101011Posted 5/3/2014 9:50:33 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
That reminds me, that new Mario Kart game has a **** roster, Double Dash probably was the most creative and fun, along with a great roster.

The roster on Mario Kart doesn't bother me because the characters are usually grouped into 3 classes so it just comes down to preference, now the roster on Smash Bros can make or break that game for me.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy, KOTOR, Titanfall
#8DamnEvilDogPosted 5/3/2014 9:50:56 AM
But what if you are not a Nintendo franchise fan and want to play more of a varied selection of games in a good time frame?

Nintendo titles are slow coming and a lot of devs are not even bothering to put games on the console... I doubt Microsoft is even a little bit scared of Nintendo.

Face it, Nintendo is stuck in the past and are slow to learn, they have an under powered console with a very archaic online system.

If you are enjoying the console that is great, that what a console is for, there is no need to be here talking about the WiiU on the Xbox One board, go there and talk about the game.
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
#9axelfooley2k5Posted 5/3/2014 9:55:41 AM
Demons Souls ?

you farted out of your mouth
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#10PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 9:58:39 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Demons Souls ?

you farted out of your mouth

He must be talking about Project Beast, the PS4 exclusive from the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls developers
---
PSVita & 3DS