Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

#21NSGraphitePosted 5/3/2014 1:34:32 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/23/wii-u-sales-tracking-50-less-than-gamecube-one-tenth-of-wii-4706243/

Xbox One is nearly on par with Wii U lifetime sales already, and PS4 is well ahead. After Mario Kart 8 (which won't be a huge system seller by any means) and Smash Bros (which definitely will be but still doesn't have a release date) what else is there to look forward too? The next Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid, hardly a robust lineup.

I would love to see Nintendo focus on handhelds and just software for consoles. They would sell crazy amounts of any current 1st party title on PS4 or Xbox One and could potentially drive even more sales to their handhelds by having cross platform features.

There is also "X", the new Xeno game from Monolith. I'm sure there are a lot of gamers waiting for that to come out before jumpin on a Wii U. Heck, I got a Wii specifically to play Xenoblade.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#22Darkside_ShadowPosted 5/3/2014 1:38:45 PM
The Wii U is a beast tho
#23PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:28:24 PM
SRBias posted...
Phase this game is pretty much Demon Souls on PS4, and it's exclusive. If they are smart they will advertise it that way.

Gameplay wise, it might be Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, but we have no idea what they are bringing new to the formula or design. Remember, this is a new gen and more powerful hardware, I'm sure they want to evolve the concept with Project Beast
---
PSVita & 3DS
#24PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:31:33 PM
badmanneil posted...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, this topic is an epic joke. Wii U is literally the little leagues. Xbox One and PS4 are in the majors fighting for the title.

It's like a delusional Nintendo fanboy wandered over to the Xbox One board.

I am no Nintendo fanboy, people on the Wii U board have called me a troll for saying things the way they are. But Mario Kart Wii sold more than 25 million copies if I recall, and Nintendo has a "year long" ad campaign for the game. That game and Smash Bros, with a few other smaller game this year, could keep the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One
---
PSVita & 3DS
#25Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/3/2014 8:03:09 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
badmanneil posted...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, this topic is an epic joke. Wii U is literally the little leagues. Xbox One and PS4 are in the majors fighting for the title.

I am no Nintendo fanboy, people on the Wii U board have called me a troll for saying things the way they are. But Mario Kart Wii sold more than 25 million copies if I recall, and Nintendo has a "year long" ad campaign for the game. That game and Smash Bros, with a few other smaller game this year, could keep the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One

Mario kart Wii had tons of people that already had the Wii before it was released. The attach rate for the Wii u is less than the GC. Mario kart on that system sold ~6 mill. Most people aren't going to storm in to buy the Wii u just for Mario kart if they don't have the system already.
#26VoidBeyondPosted 5/3/2014 8:16:47 PM
NSGraphite posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Demons Souls ?

you farted out of your mouth

He must be talking about Project Beast, the PS4 exclusive from the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls developers

I am, I figured with the amount of topics on here about it the past couple of days that I didn't have to go into detail about it, my apologies.

So how is that "Demon's Souls on PS4"? That's like calling Demon's Souls "Kings Field on PS3". Project Beast is the next evolution it looks like, and people are so excited because the Souls games are adored and cherished by the hardcore gamers...

That's exactly what happened.

When Demon Souls was first announced, it was hailed as the "spiritual successor" to the King's Field series.

And Dark Souls was called the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. So I'm pretty sure they're gonna stick with what works for them and make Project Beast a really hard game that controls like Dark Souls.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#27PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 8:17:43 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
badmanneil posted...

Mario kart Wii had tons of people that already had the Wii before it was released. The attach rate for the Wii u is less than the GC. Mario kart on that system sold ~6 mill. Most people aren't going to storm in to buy the Wii u just for Mario kart if they don't have the system already.

Mario Kart is a beloved racing game, and if Nintendo pushes it and advertises it for months, it could very well move millions of units. That and Smash Bros. plus the other games coming this year and next. It's way too early to say the Wii U is doomed when the console has yet to see the boost from these games releasing
---
PSVita & 3DS
#28Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/3/2014 8:21:08 PM
Sure it might get some people to buy it, but not to kill the xbone. MS has just started, wiiU's been out for a while. No game is going to revive it. WiiU has no 3rd, casuals gamers didn't buy it this time, it's pretty much dead.
#29VirobotPosted 5/3/2014 8:25:23 PM
Well, most ppl I know have a ps4 and WiiU.

So. Yeah.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#30PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 8:31:28 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
Sure it might get some people to buy it, but not to kill the xbone. MS has just started, wiiU's been out for a while. No game is going to revive it. WiiU has no 3rd, casuals gamers didn't buy it this time, it's pretty much dead.

I never said kill the Xbox One, but give it a hard time. The PS4 is n a league of it's own and will be this whole gen, but Nintendo has a very good chance with Mario Kart and Smash Bros (with Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, etc.) to keep a lead over the Xbox One. MS should not take the Wii U lightly as it has a lot going for it with the releases this year
---
PSVita & 3DS