Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

#31badmanneilPosted 5/3/2014 10:02:35 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
badmanneil posted...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, this topic is an epic joke. Wii U is literally the little leagues. Xbox One and PS4 are in the majors fighting for the title.

It's like a delusional Nintendo fanboy wandered over to the Xbox One board.

I am no Nintendo fanboy, people on the Wii U board have called me a troll for saying things the way they are. But Mario Kart Wii sold more than 25 million copies if I recall, and Nintendo has a "year long" ad campaign for the game. That game and Smash Bros, with a few other smaller game this year, could keep the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One

Mario kart Wii had tons of people that already had the Wii before it was released. The attach rate for the Wii u is less than the GC. Mario kart on that system sold ~6 mill. Most people aren't going to storm in to buy the Wii u just for Mario kart if they don't have the system already.

Mario Kart is a beloved racing game, and if Nintendo pushes it and advertises it for months, it could very well move millions of units. That and Smash Bros. plus the other games coming this year and next. It's way too early to say the Wii U is doomed when the console has yet to see the boost from these games releasing

LOL. No.
#32NikraPosted 5/3/2014 10:21:06 PM
The only thing holding the Wii U back, is that we are all waiting for the ultimate Zelda game to be released: The Wii U will outsell both the XBox and PS4 when that date comes. You just wait and see.
#33TheGam3925Posted 5/3/2014 10:22:45 PM
Nikra posted...
The only thing holding the Wii U back, is that we are all waiting for the ultimate Zelda game to be released: The Wii U will outsell both the XBox and PS4 when that date comes. You just wait and see.

All Nintendo needs to do is release a Pokemon mmo or Monster Hunter style game for Wii U and the console will sell itself.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#34kyncaniPosted 5/3/2014 10:43:04 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
badmanneil posted...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, this topic is an epic joke. Wii U is literally the little leagues. Xbox One and PS4 are in the majors fighting for the title.

It's like a delusional Nintendo fanboy wandered over to the Xbox One board.

I am no Nintendo fanboy, people on the Wii U board have called me a troll for saying things the way they are. But Mario Kart Wii sold more than 25 million copies if I recall, and Nintendo has a "year long" ad campaign for the game. That game and Smash Bros, with a few other smaller game this year, could keep the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One

Mario kart Wii had tons of people that already had the Wii before it was released. The attach rate for the Wii u is less than the GC. Mario kart on that system sold ~6 mill. Most people aren't going to storm in to buy the Wii u just for Mario kart if they don't have the system already.

You do know the Wii U and the PS4 have both sold more than the Xbox One, do you ?

In other words, to make things very clear : Xbox One = smallest install base by a large margin.

And Microsoft has ceased production, the thing is all but abandoned now.

On a more positive note ...
Want a Xbox One day one edition ?
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0
I am trying to sell them.
IT IS NOT EASY :'(
#35SRBiasPosted 5/3/2014 10:49:25 PM
Wait the margin between Xbox One and Wii U is like less then 2 million isn't it?
#36Tajaz2426Posted 5/3/2014 11:25:19 PM
SRBias posted...
Wait the margin between Xbox One and Wii U is like less then 2 million isn't it?

Yes, but you have to realize that if it's say 1.7 million and the xbox is selling what a general number we will go with; say 133,000 XBox's per month and 33,000 wii u's a month worldwide... That's a 100,000 a month it gains meaning it will take the One 17 months, roughly a year and a half to get passed the wii u from this point. That's also if they keep selling over a 100,000 a month. I think that's what folks are getting at.

That's me looking from the outside in though, but that is what it seems like these posters are saying. It makes since.
#37RaRitsujunPosted 5/3/2014 11:30:12 PM
Sure it might get some people to buy it, but not to kill the xbone. MS has just started, wiiU's been out for a while. No game is going to revive it. WiiU has no 3rd, casuals gamers didn't buy it this time, it's pretty much dead.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#38SRBiasPosted 5/4/2014 12:35:34 AM
Tajaz2426 that was a well thought out post, seriously. My counter to that is if Microsoft drops the price, which seems to be the major problem, they will sell consoles here in the states. They have the fan base, and to be honest there are a lot of console owners who have not made the next gen plunge yet. Sony is steam rolling, Microsoft has the money, and they have they have two franchises that will move units in mass.

This holiday season is a big one, I can't remember a generation where really the first real Christmas season is so important. I mean Sony could literally run away with it this coming Christmas, Microsoft could close the gap. If Zelda is here? Who knows what might happen for Nintendo's Wii U? I am really excited just to see what everyone announces next month. I own a Xbox One so I have a horse in the race. But you never know. Nintendo, or Sony might just blow me away to buy a second console to go on the shelf.
#39GeminiX7Posted 5/4/2014 1:36:06 AM
Is there a gas leak in this topic or did people start drinking from the WiiU boards punch bowl. Lets think about this logically for a moment.

1. With over a years headstart the WiiUvis only doing marginally better than the One. Theres no reason to believe that this margin is going to increase in the coming months because:

2. Aside from Mario Kart the WiiU doesnt really have that many "system seller" titles on the horizon. Smash is one of my favorite series but realistically one cant really expect the series to automatically make tons of new WiiU owners. X is a confusing topic from a hype standpoint. Why do people think its going to sell well at all let alone push consoles? Xenoblade Chronicles sold only about 100k in EU and US and even less in JP (which is why they needed the petition to bring it stateside in the first place). Bayonetta 2 will hopefully sell decently but again I dont see it moving a bulk of consoles.

3. MK Wii may have a chicken v. Egg scenario going on. The game series is extremely well known and that title came out during the big Wii fad. In the case of that game tou had millions of casual gamers who bought a Wii because of the trendiness of motion xontrols and Wii Sports and wanted more games. Compare it to say Double Dash. It came out after the most popular version of MK (64) and it didnt do near well enough to help the GC. Its arguable that the 3DS had a much bigger boost from price drops and Pokemon than it ever did from MK7.

4. All of this is somewhat irrelevant because we need to look at the big picture: The X1 hasnt even begun to bring out thier heavy hitter series. Halo, Gears, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, etc will all be big contenders that will definitely bring in tons of on the fence gamers. After MK and Smash what does WiiU have? A mainline Zelda and a mainline Mario game? Maybe Metroid Dread if thats actually a real thing. And mind you none of those things have even been announced let alone dated yet. Hell ive heard more about Nintendo new QoL focus than ANY games slated after very early 2015. Unless the aforementioned games miraculously sell triple or more the total WiiU sales to date there isnt any reason to believe the system wont be dead last in less than the next two years.

The X1 is going to be just fine, especially when compared to the WiiU. And this is comingbfrom someone that owns a WiiU, 3DS, and PS4 with little actual interest and no actual intent on purchasing a X1.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#40brawl__08Posted 5/4/2014 1:38:59 AM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Xbox One is nearly on par with Wii U lifetime sales already, and PS4 is well ahead. After Mario Kart 8 (which won't be a huge system seller by any means) and Smash Bros (which definitely will be but still doesn't have a release date) what else is there to look forward too?

What? You do realize that Mario Kart has always outsold Smash Bros, right?

On the Wii, MK outsold Smash by over triple the sales. The difference is smaller on the N64 and the Gamecube, but for both I believe MK still outsold Smash.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif