Microsoft might have to worry about the Xbox One competing with the Wii U soon

#41TaffmanGPosted 5/4/2014 3:03:49 AM
I imagine a lot of people will decide to buy a Wiiu for Mario Kart, especially with the free game Nintendo are offering in the deal.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a drastic escalation in Wiiu sales for this game. Knock it all you want, but lots of people know Mario Kart and know what to expect from it - it's a shame it's taken Nintendo so long to release it.

It should have been out at the same time as the console, then MS would have been trailing even more. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if XBox one finished in third place out of the three consoles.

Anyway, MK8 is a guaranteed buy from me and many others I suspect. Good times!
#42singhellotakuPosted 5/4/2014 4:12:26 AM
Mario Kart is like titanfall, a good game that will sell decent, nothing more
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#43CharadeSmithPosted 5/4/2014 4:37:24 AM
it's already a Wii U vs XB1 competition

PS4 is competing with nobody, up in its throne.
---
"I buy physical because if I can't touch it then it doesn't exist" - GameFAQs wisdom.
#44MasteroftheArtsPosted 5/4/2014 5:06:56 AM
The Wii U isn't competing with anything because it has already lost by not securing any 3rd party developers. The reason it has failed to do this is because the thing is too weak and the stupid controller requires far too much additional development time to bother coding for. That, and Nintendo has expressed little interest in courting 3rd party developers for their console in the misguided notion that their 1st party titles alone can keep people interested, which is absurd to the highest degree.

So unless you're waiting for the first party titles, you're not picking the thing up. And if you are; hooray. The same usual suspects trotted out once again for a quick cash grab.

Mario Kart will sell well, but not spectacularly. The system just doesn't have a strong enough install base for the game to be a huge hit. By definition, only a certain percentage of people are willing to drop $250 for the chance to play MK. To compare, by the time MK Wii released, Nintendo had already sold 18 million Wii's. Anyone who thinks the new MK will be anything like the previous one is living in a fantasy world.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

I read this from time to time and still get a chuckle out of it. It's amazing how terrible that console was designed/marketed.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#45PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 1:00:39 PM
singhellotaku posted...
Mario Kart is like titanfall, a good game that will sell decent, nothing more

Titanfall was online only, it was hard to justify buying with the content it has
---
PSVita & 3DS
#46zelda3003Posted 5/4/2014 1:36:16 PM
badmanneil posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
badmanneil posted...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Wow, this topic is an epic joke. Wii U is literally the little leagues. Xbox One and PS4 are in the majors fighting for the title.

It's like a delusional Nintendo fanboy wandered over to the Xbox One board.

I am no Nintendo fanboy, people on the Wii U board have called me a troll for saying things the way they are. But Mario Kart Wii sold more than 25 million copies if I recall, and Nintendo has a "year long" ad campaign for the game. That game and Smash Bros, with a few other smaller game this year, could keep the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One

Mario kart Wii had tons of people that already had the Wii before it was released. The attach rate for the Wii u is less than the GC. Mario kart on that system sold ~6 mill. Most people aren't going to storm in to buy the Wii u just for Mario kart if they don't have the system already.

Mario Kart is a beloved racing game, and if Nintendo pushes it and advertises it for months, it could very well move millions of units. That and Smash Bros. plus the other games coming this year and next. It's way too early to say the Wii U is doomed when the console has yet to see the boost from these games releasing

LOL. No.

What an idiot, of course it's going to push Wii U's. Mario kart is the sort of title that continues to sell through the systems lifespan. It appeals to both core and casual gamers.
#47mindoftwomoronsPosted 5/4/2014 1:37:16 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
but Mario Kart 8 is getting tons of buzz, which is rather surprising given the state of the Wii U.

What? One of, if not the, biggest franchises Nintendo has is getting buzz and hype and that's surprising? I would be more surprised if Mario Kart was being ignored.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/magnaangemon.gif
#48Tajaz2426Posted 5/4/2014 1:45:57 PM
SRBias posted...
Tajaz2426 that was a well thought out post, seriously. My counter to that is if Microsoft drops the price, which seems to be the major problem, they will sell consoles here in the states. They have the fan base, and to be honest there are a lot of console owners who have not made the next gen plunge yet. Sony is steam rolling, Microsoft has the money, and they have they have two franchises that will move units in mass.

This holiday season is a big one, I can't remember a generation where really the first real Christmas season is so important. I mean Sony could literally run away with it this coming Christmas, Microsoft could close the gap. If Zelda is here? Who knows what might happen for Nintendo's Wii U? I am really excited just to see what everyone announces next month. I own a Xbox One so I have a horse in the race. But you never know. Nintendo, or Sony might just blow me away to buy a second console to go on the shelf.

That is a great counter, SRB. Your quite right as with so many variables, anything could happen. With the multimedia component and a cheaper price, with multiplats being very identical a price drop could in fact sky rocket the One and close the gap on Sony and surpass the Wii U by end of the holidays.

The further we et away from the reveals and the crap storm with Microsoft, games and exclusive, along with price and future software for the consoles will be the telling difference on what console will keep the sales going on plateau. I like both consoles, I just purchased my PS4 based on the price and I enjoy the ecosystem.

I will be purchasing a One just because I love Halo and I really like the multimedia aspect of the console. I don't see my self as being brand loyal, but most people away a little but one way or the other.

That was a great counter post man and I hope to engage in more discussion with you.
#49mokmuudPosted 5/4/2014 1:50:10 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Nikra posted...
The only thing holding the Wii U back, is that we are all waiting for the ultimate Zelda game to be released: The Wii U will outsell both the XBox and PS4 when that date comes. You just wait and see.

All Nintendo needs to do is release a Pokemon mmo or Monster Hunter style game for Wii U and the console will sell itself.

That is true.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#50brawl__08Posted 5/4/2014 5:50:40 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...
The Wii U isn't competing with anything because it has already lost by not securing any 3rd party developers. The reason it has failed to do this is because the thing is too weak and the stupid controller requires far too much additional development time to bother coding for. That, and Nintendo has expressed little interest in courting 3rd party developers for their console in the misguided notion that their 1st party titles alone can keep people interested, which is absurd to the highest degree.

So unless you're waiting for the first party titles, you're not picking the thing up. And if you are; hooray. The same usual suspects trotted out once again for a quick cash grab.

Mario Kart will sell well, but not spectacularly. The system just doesn't have a strong enough install base for the game to be a huge hit. By definition, only a certain percentage of people are willing to drop $250 for the chance to play MK. To compare, by the time MK Wii released, Nintendo had already sold 18 million Wii's. Anyone who thinks the new MK will be anything like the previous one is living in a fantasy world.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

I read this from time to time and still get a chuckle out of it. It's amazing how terrible that console was designed/marketed.

Congrats, you fell for an article that was debunked several times over by actual named devs.

http://www.maxconsole.com/news/WII/Devs-counter-annonymous-Wii-U-criticisms-RKLS00000027155.html

Good job on proving how gamers are incredibly impressionable and incapable of critical thinking skills or basic fact-checking while trying to make an analysis on an aspect of the industry. Dumb guys trying to feign intelligence are the funniest.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif