Day One controller - right stick drift

#1Cornbread4lifePosted 5/3/2014 10:55:21 AM
So my right thumb stick used to drift up a little. Now it drifts up a lot. Not very happy considering the thing is maybe 6 months old, games are pretty much completely unplayable.

MS will send me a new one after like 4 weeks only if I send this one in. I guess that's what they consider a solution, taking away the only way I have to actually use my system for a month before sending a replacement.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#2SiriusSternFanPosted 5/3/2014 11:04:29 AM
You've sent your complaint to the right guy...

I'm going to come out there and actually fix your controller right in front of you. This should take about a half an hour, if that. The important thing is that your needs will be met. This is absolutely uncalled for; a physical object breaking down. Absolutely unheard of given that it's 2014. Although we now live in an age where patience is no longer accepted under any circumstances, your controller issue is extremely important.

I apologize, and will be there in one hour.
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
#3Tajaz2426Posted 5/3/2014 11:12:37 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
So my right thumb stick used to drift up a little. Now it drifts up a lot. Not very happy considering the thing is maybe 6 months old, games are pretty much completely unplayable.

MS will send me a new one after like 4 weeks only if I send this one in. I guess that's what they consider a solution, taking away the only way I have to actually use my system for a month before sending a replacement.

I agree bud, my second PS4 controller I bought started drifting. My PS3 controllers lasted pretty much the whole gen, so it is upsetting that only six months in it has started to do that to ya. Mine did it within 4 months, so yeah man, it's a pain.
#4Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 11:15:26 AM
SiriusSternFan posted...
You've sent your complaint to the right guy...

I'm going to come out there and actually fix your controller right in front of you. This should take about a half an hour, if that. The important thing is that your needs will be met. This is absolutely uncalled for; a physical object breaking down. Absolutely unheard of given that it's 2014. Although we now live in an age where patience is no longer accepted under any circumstances, your controller issue is extremely important.

I apologize, and will be there in one hour.

You think they actually mean they're going to fix my controller? Yeah right. They just want to make sure I'm not lying before sending a new one, which is putting the onus on the wrong party here. The product I bought from them broke on its own within six months. Other companies would just send a new one.

You've clearly never dealt with MS customer support before. It's a joke.
---
#5SiriusSternFanPosted 5/3/2014 11:23:22 AM
Provide a simple solution to the problem, then.

There is none,

A controller costs 60 bucks, and the system comes with one. Any clown off the street can simply lie and make up a story and complain and say their controller is broken in order to get another one so they can have two.

Given that money is involved, they're not going to just send you a new one.

Use your warranty the correct way, and be patient.

What are you, ten?
---
#6Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 11:27:44 AM
SiriusSternFan posted...

There is none,

A controller costs 60 bucks, and the system comes with one. Any clown off the street can simply lie and make up a story and complain and say their controller is broken in order to get another one so they can have two.

What are you, ten?

You came here mocking me for my problem. You're clearly the immature one. They should clearly send a replacement upon receipt of my controller, which they should send overnight, NOT after four weeks. You really think four weeks is a reasonable shipping time? What are you, a pushover?
---
#7blacklabelicePosted 5/3/2014 11:40:33 AM(edited)
Cornbread4life posted...
SiriusSternFan posted...

There is none,

What are you, ten?

You came here mocking me for my problem. You're clearly the immature one. They should clearly send a replacement upon receipt of my controller, which they should send overnight, NOT after four weeks. You really think four weeks is a reasonable shipping time? What are you, a pushover?

why not just give them your credit card number so they will send another one right away, and bill you if you dont go through on your end?

not sure if they do that for accessories and controllers, but i know that they do that for consoles when you call those in for repair. perfectly suited for all of the entitled I WANT IT NAO brats.

crying on gamefaqs about microsoft or your hardware is not going to get you anywhere. give them a call and see what they can do to resolve your issue as promptly as possible.

i know its tough, but just because you are having a problem doesnt give you priority over everybody else who have already been waiting for their issue to be resolved. wait in quota and deal with it. or go to the store and buy another controller while you wait for yours to be repaired if you must.
#8SiriusSternFanPosted 5/3/2014 11:43:33 AM
No, "tough" is trying to live in the Ukraine right now.

I'm sure you can survive for four "long" weeks without playing a video game.
---
#9Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:11:48 PM
Alright, so what I got out of this topic is that:

I'm in the wrong for expecting a company as big as MS to send me a replacement controller overnight and not in 4 weeks after receiving my broken one.

It's my fault that calling their customer support gets me the same scripted apology lines over and over again.

It's totally my fault that I expected my product to last longer than 6 months without breaking.

It's 100% rational to compare my situation to the situation in the Ukraine.

It's totally irrational to come to a system board for the system I'm having problems with looking for commiseration.

I'm a brat, crying, and should be ashamed of myself for getting frustrated at something that's 100% not my fault.

MS has some imaginary giant line of backed-up replacements they need to send that it takes four weeks to send a replacement controller, when other companies manage to ship millions of items overnight every day.

And finally: I should know better than to come here. Thanks SiriusSternFan, you're awesome.
---
#10Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:15:40 PM
blacklabelice posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
SiriusSternFan posted...

There is none,

What are you, ten?

why not just give them your credit card number so they will send another one right away, and bill you if you dont go through on your end?

not sure if they do that for accessories and controllers, but i know that they do that for consoles when you call those in for repair. perfectly suited for all of the entitled I WANT IT NAO brats.

crying on gamefaqs about microsoft or your hardware is not going to get you anywhere. give them a call and see what they can do to resolve your issue as promptly as possible.

i know its tough, but just because you are having a problem doesnt give you priority over everybody else who have already been waiting for their issue to be resolved. wait in quota and deal with it. or go to the store and buy another controller while you wait for yours to be repaired if you must.

I've already called them, that's how I know it supposedly takes four weeks to send a replacement. I tried the credit card thing, they supposedly don't do that and they apologize profusely that they don't do that (I did that with my PS2 back in the day no problem, and for my 360).

Of course I'm going to end up buying another controller myself, but I shouldn't have to. A friend of mine had this issue with a broken X1 headset, he sent it in two months ago and now they say they never got it and that they have no record of him talking with customer support. I'm skeptical of sending my controller to them after hearing that.
---