Day One controller - right stick drift

#11Laylow12Posted 5/3/2014 12:20:06 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Alright, so what I got out of this topic is that:

I'm in the wrong for expecting a company as big as MS to send me a replacement controller overnight and not in 4 weeks after receiving my broken one.

It's my fault that calling their customer support gets me the same scripted apology lines over and over again.

It's totally my fault that I expected my product to last longer than 6 months without breaking.

It's 100% rational to compare my situation to the situation in the Ukraine.

It's totally irrational to come to a system board for the system I'm having problems with looking for commiseration.

I'm a brat, crying, and should be ashamed of myself for getting frustrated at something that's 100% not my fault.

MS has some imaginary giant line of backed-up replacements they need to send that it takes four weeks to send a replacement controller, when other companies manage to ship millions of items overnight every day.

And finally: I should know better than to come here. Thanks SiriusSternFan, you're awesome.

Now you know how I feel man. These clowns attack your character because Microsoft can do no wrong in their eyes. They need to face facts so they can truly accept that this is a flawed console and in much need of improvement. No amount of character attacks are going to turn this ship around, facing facts and DealingWithIt might but time is running out.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12thasnipermasterPosted 5/3/2014 12:24:27 PM
Here is your simple problem solver.

Step 1. You send Micro$oft the controller.
Step 2. You go to FutureShop, you buy a new controller.
Step 3. After 25 days you go back to FutureShop and return your controller.
Step 4. You go to Best Buy and buy a new controller.
Step 5. When you finally receive your replacement controller from Micro$oft you go and return the controller you got from BestBuy.

It's nice having a brain.
---
Im opposite of a care bear
#13Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:25:20 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Cornbread4life posted...

I'm in the wrong for expecting a company as big as MS to send me a replacement controller overnight and not in 4 weeks after receiving my broken one.

It's my fault that calling their customer support gets me the same scripted apology lines over and over again.

It's totally my fault that I expected my product to last longer than 6 months without breaking.

It's totally irrational to come to a system board for the system I'm having problems with looking for commiseration.

I'm a brat, crying, and should be ashamed of myself for getting frustrated at something that's 100% not my fault.

MS has some imaginary giant line of backed-up replacements they need to send that it takes four weeks to send a replacement controller, when other companies manage to ship millions of items overnight every day.

And finally: I should know better than to come here. Thanks SiriusSternFan, you're awesome.

Now you know how I feel man. These clowns attack your character because Microsoft can do no wrong in their eyes. They need to face facts so they can truly accept that this is a flawed console and in much need of improvement. No amount of character attacks are going to turn this ship around, facing facts and DealingWithIt might but time is running out.

I mean I know I pretty much never agree with you, but who actually sticks up for tech support? Talk about something that's universally loathed...
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#14Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:27:33 PM
thasnipermaster posted...
Here is your simple problem solver.

Step 1. You send Micro$oft the controller.
Step 2. You go to FutureShop, you buy a new controller.
Step 3. After 25 days you go back to FutureShop and return your controller.
Step 4. You go to Best Buy and buy a new controller.
Step 5. When you finally receive your replacement controller from Micro$oft you go and return the controller you got from BestBuy.

It's nice having a brain.

You missed my post about my friend who sent in his headset and two months later they say they never got it and never talked to him. My fault for not including that in my OP, I meant to. That's part of the reason why I'm so wary about sending it in and then having to wait four weeks. I feel like I could keep better tabs on the situation if there was a quicker turnaround, but I don't feel like having my controller lost in the mail. At least as it is now I can still use it to navigate menus and use apps.
---
#15SiriusSternFanPosted 5/3/2014 12:28:38 PM
I am still waiting to hear how "Cornbread4Life" would solve his issue.

Well?
---
Obama is a long-legged Mack Daddy
#16Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:29:28 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
So my right thumb stick used to drift up a little. Now it drifts up a lot. Not very happy considering the thing is maybe 6 months old, games are pretty much completely unplayable.

MS will send me a new one after like 4 weeks only if I send this one in. I guess that's what they consider a solution, taking away the only way I have to actually use my system for a month before sending a replacement.

I agree bud, my second PS4 controller I bought started drifting. My PS3 controllers lasted pretty much the whole gen, so it is upsetting that only six months in it has started to do that to ya. Mine did it within 4 months, so yeah man, it's a pain.

Sorry, I meant to respond to this and thank you for not replying by insulting me and actually commiserating. Appreciate it.
---
#17jblaze2121Posted 5/3/2014 12:30:21 PM
Just go buy another one
60$ isn't a lot.
---
PS Owner~IGN~jblaze~3DS FC:3093-8430-0175~GT~jblaze2121~PSN~jblaze2121-http://tinyurl.com/jblazepokemonz
#18Cornbread4life(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:31:13 PM
SiriusSternFan posted...
I am still waiting to hear how "Cornbread4Life" would solve his issue.

Well?

I already said, all they need to do is ship it overnight upon receiving my controller, not by carrier pigeon or whatever method takes four weeks to get here. I can send my controller and get it to them in a day, why can't a huge corporation match or beat my shipping speed. Also, why can't you read?
---
#19Laylow12Posted 5/3/2014 12:37:31 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Cornbread4life posted...

I mean I know I pretty much never agree with you, but who actually sticks up for tech support? Talk about something that's universally loathed...

People misread my intentions. I want Microsoft to kick ass like last gen. I bought an XBOX ONE and I'm sorry but I just don't settle for something so backwards and out of touch with the gamer. It's a platform for KINECT 2.0 so they can get you to watch TV through the thing so they can Meta-Data mine the heck out of you and anyone in front of it. All their efforts are FOR KINECT 2.0, despite the community disliking it and it not being accurate enough. Im just happy the competition is causing them to wake up because they were trying to destroy gaming as we know it with their original plans.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin