Kinect on screen hand dissapeared

#1mdh989Posted 5/3/2014 12:25:21 PM
I've never had gesture issues with my kinect, but tried to use it today and the silouhette hand that shows up to help guide you on screen is gone? I can still grab, drag, open etc but it's all guess work because I cannot see what my hand is hovering over. I cannot pinch or stretch to minimize things at all. Anybody come across this before?
---
-Take the Care, and by that I mean the tender luvin' care. Not the Car. Some people get them confuzed- Coach Z
#2Rdeal2Posted 5/3/2014 12:57:20 PM
I have had that since the April update, a reset usually fixes it but it comes back.
I think the latest preview update has fixed it
#3mdh989(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:53:40 PM
Thanks
---
-Take the Care, and by that I mean the tender luvin' care. Not the Car. Some people get them confuzed- Coach Z
#4CrownedOne03Posted 5/3/2014 9:09:12 PM
Kinect recognizes my infant son's head as my hand sometimes while just sitting watching a movie and the hand gesture goes crazy all over the screen as if it being motioned by a waving arm. Resetting and recalibrating the kinect doesn't fix this.
#5TheGam3925Posted 5/3/2014 9:16:21 PM
Have you tried the miraculous hard reset yet?
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#6da_StoOgePosted 5/4/2014 1:25:39 AM
CrownedOne03 posted...
Kinect recognizes my infant son's head as my hand sometimes while just sitting watching a movie and the hand gesture goes crazy all over the screen as if it being motioned by a waving arm. Resetting and recalibrating the kinect doesn't fix this.

A waving arm? What are you doing to your child's head?
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#7CrownedOne03Posted 5/4/2014 6:16:14 PM
da_StoOge posted...
CrownedOne03 posted...

A waving arm? What are you doing to your child's head?

lol We are both still and sitting on the couch when it waves around crazy on screen. Either that, or it's picking up a ghost in the room and has amazing motion and paranormal detection.