All you dudes making a huge deal about Resolution.

#41TheGam3925Posted 5/3/2014 8:42:20 PM
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...
A human eye can't even really tell a major difference. You guys act like the games are in 4D. Lets be real, we play games for story and enjoyment. Graphics are just icing on the cake.

Do you even know what 4D is?

lol
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#42Engineer-samaPosted 5/3/2014 8:45:39 PM
Xbone people are either blind or delusional.

Whatever you're smoking, I want some of it. I could use the extra reassurance for my truck, compared to my neighbor's Civic.
#43Santa_GavinPosted 5/3/2014 8:49:35 PM(edited)
If graphics don't matter then what was the purpose to even get the new systems to begin with. most of the games are going to the previous consoles anyway like titanfall and watch dogs, so why not stick to them if the graphics don't matter
---
I am Santa_Gavin
I Donate Babies to the Gavin Family
#44TheGam3925Posted 5/3/2014 8:50:36 PM
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...
Muryo posted...
SubSeenix posted...
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...
A human eye can't even really tell a major difference. You guys act like the games are in 4D. Lets be real, we play games for story and enjoyment. Graphics are just icing on the cake.

Yeah keep telling that to yourself

And for Multiplats

PS4 Game 60$ > 1080p aka best console version
X1 Game 60$ > Some LastGen Stuff barely running

PS4 = 400$ = best console in this Gen
X1 = 500$ = Can't barely do the standard of this Gen.Should cost 300$ less for what you get.

Who wins and is the smarter customer?

Yeah so smart for a company bankrupt lol. Most of Sonys fan base is because its cheaper and free online play lets be real here.

You are using the same argument Sony fans made last gen. Let's be real here.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#45quincy2000aPosted 5/3/2014 9:35:42 PM
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...

First of all, "major difference" is subjective. Some people here are obviously "hard of seeing."

The differences I've seen on multiplats is "major" to me. It doesn't make my eyes bleed or anything, but the differences are certainly noticeable to me.

If it's an exclusive, that's one thing. But, since I own both systems, if it's a multiplat, it's stupid for me to buy the game on the underpowered X1.
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#46EnclavePosted 5/3/2014 10:18:44 PM
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...
Dude I sit like two feet in front of my 55 in my PC chair. I really don't see some huge difference lol.

You know, you don't do your argument any favours when you lie. If you're 2 feet away from a 55" television then of course you won't be able to tell the difference, you're close enough to see the pixels, for improvements at those distances on that size of screen? You would need 4K resolutions.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#47thegreatsquarePosted 5/4/2014 12:21:07 AM
I don't care so much about resolution so long as the game is rendered in the screens native resolution. If you have a 720p TV, then there is no real difference between the PS4 and XB1. If you have a 1080p, XB1 looks like the image is stretched, the textures blurred on games it can not render at 1080p.
---
What games look like on my 4yr old ASUS G73jh - http://www.overclock.net
/g/a/36947/asus-g73jh-screenshot-record-of-the-games-as-played-2013-retirement/
#48jairusmonillasPosted 5/4/2014 12:45:45 AM
Resolution can tell a power of a system even if you can't tell the difference the fact that xbox one is not capable of running higher resolutions means its very weak.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#49DRzCalderonPosted 5/4/2014 1:04:23 AM
The biggest misunderstanding TC has is his assumption of console POWER only applying to graphics.

The PS4 can render 1080P easily early in this generation's cycle. Cool. But later on so will the Xbox One once it establishes an easier software appliance to make it a smaller issue.

Now, TC, this is the bigger picture. The PS4 will be able to display and apply MORE content while maintaining 1080p at the same time on screen much easier than the Xbox One. This resolution crap is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the annoyance you will be expose to because that power gap is NOT going anywhere. And multi-platforms will set the example of this with developers pushing their curiosity utilizing the console with the least boundaries.

And on note in regards to 720P/1080P resolution being barely noticeable. You must be visually handicapped to not tell the difference. It's either if you care of it or not. Definitely not because you can't see it.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#50Megamushroom666Posted 5/4/2014 1:27:23 AM
720p vs. 1080p is very noticeable on the right setup. Why should you settle for less when 1080p is available and affordable?
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.