I am going to rewatch XBOX ONE E3

#51NSGraphitePosted 5/4/2014 2:55:34 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
That E3 presentation last year was legendary. So much fail.

it wasn't so much the E3 presentation as it was the post presentation memo that went out to the press immediately afterward that caused the internet to explode in Nerd Rage that broke the meter at over 9000.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#52gobuffalo30Posted 5/4/2014 2:55:47 PM
I still find it interesting how people are saying Sony was going to do exactly what MS was going to do with the DRM, etc or that they changed it after seeing MS's backlash.
#53NSGraphitePosted 5/4/2014 3:11:32 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I still find it interesting how people are saying Sony was going to do exactly what MS was going to do with the DRM, etc or that they changed it after seeing MS's backlash.

They had patents in place for similar DRM. At the very least they were thinking about it. But they were smart by staying quiet to see how the public would react to MS trying it and we know how that ultimately turned out.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#54Apex-PlayerPosted 5/4/2014 3:14:50 PM
Seeing as you can buy a ps4 and not hook it up online and still play games, they avoided the DRM thing way before production even started. So yeah.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#55Who_NosePosted 5/7/2014 11:25:25 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
brownmyster posted...
Iv already posted a thread like 3 weeks ago with the link to the e3 and the x1 reveal. Because everyone seems to confuse their e3 and the reveal. Ms e3 was awesome

I agree about the confusion but I wouldn't say either company had a great conference. I believe the problem is the reveal was shortly before E3 and MS did not address everyone's concerns and issues, along with bad PR. That mixture is what caused the issue.

THe Xbox One reveal by Microsoft last May (has it been a year already?) was the best example of high expectations crashing and burning on an epic scale since The Phantom Menace. But many in this thread are either trying to rewrite history or just have horrible memories, because Microsoft's followup at E3 was just as disastrous.

(It is at this point I feel the need to remind certain posters that E3 is more than just a 90 minute 'press conference' consisting of years away game reveals before the show actually begins.)

Conflicting statements from Microsoft itself on just about every conceivable aspect of their console made it seem like no one, even presidents and executives, in the company knew what the hell they were doing. This after the same thing had occurred weeks prior at their May Launch Event. The ineptitude on display from a business of that magnitude at an event such as E3 with the entire industry watching was simply jaw dropping.

The fact that Sony then came in and mopped the floor was just insult to injury.