CoD didn't steal anything from Titanfall

#11GeistPosted 5/3/2014 8:55:48 PM
No matter what they had to have these changes. There is no going back once you go pilot.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#12Charity_DiaryPosted 5/3/2014 8:58:35 PM
Okay, Advanced Warfare might not have "copied" Titanfall, but it sure is late to the futuristic parkour mech warfare party, and I think we've all already had our fill of the genre, having seen its immaturity and lack of depth in other games...

I think I speak for at least 10% of the people on here when I say, "Next." Nobody wants these rehashed ideas. "Oooh mama, another futuristic mech parkour invisibility exoskeleton infrared vision warfare game," they think we say. Is it too much to ask that a developer actually TRY, instead of sitting in a meeting with a few other people, asking, "Well, what's popular this year? Mechs? We'll add those. Parkour? Sure, that should be easy to implement."

S*** is embarrassing...
---
GT: Blueberry Whale ... ESO: Lights-Sparks or @Charity_Diary
Learn to swim <3
#13rubberGasketPosted 5/4/2014 12:05:41 AM
They didn't steal anything, but they are mimicking it.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#14dnmtPosted 5/4/2014 12:12:58 AM(edited)
Perception is everything. CoD comes after TF so it looks like it copied things even if it didn't really copy anything.
#15Robin_MaskPosted 5/4/2014 12:14:05 AM
Charity_Diary posted...
Okay, Advanced Warfare might not have "copied" Titanfall, but it sure is late to the futuristic parkour mech warfare party, and I think we've all already had our fill of the genre, having seen its immaturity and lack of depth in other games...

I think I speak for at least 10% of the people on here when I say, "Next." Nobody wants these rehashed ideas. "Oooh mama, another futuristic mech parkour invisibility exoskeleton infrared vision warfare game," they think we say. Is it too much to ask that a developer actually TRY, instead of sitting in a meeting with a few other people, asking, "Well, what's popular this year? Mechs? We'll add those. Parkour? Sure, that should be easy to implement."

S*** is embarrassing...

At this point, I'm amazed people haven't said "OMG TITANFALL IS COPYING HALO WITH ARMORS AND SUITS AND STUFF" now.

Metal Gear Solid got Gray Fox with the exoskeleton, MGS2 brought in a suit and MGS4 got a more complete Cyborg Ninja.

Both exo-skeletons and power armors have been famous concepts for a long time.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#16MCcakePosted 5/4/2014 12:41:37 AM
Guys, CoD isn't "copying Titanfall". It's copying Titanfall, Halo and Elysium
---
Currently playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170/ Jam, the mayor of Bunma
#17BDJaycePosted 5/4/2014 12:43:55 AM
To say any modern video game stole anything from another modern video game is asinine.

If it helps the game then bring in all the elements you need just make sure it works properly and isn't just being used as a gimmick.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723