Remove rating from Xbox Video?

#1Enigma149Posted 5/3/2014 5:16:36 PM
Not sure where else to post this...

Anyway, I was browsing through the Xbox Video app on my PC (I'm trying to decide which "ecosystem", if any, to buy into) and I noticed that the movies have different ratings from users listed at the bottom. I figured this would be just like in the store, where you can see how many users rated the movie a certain way, so I clicked on the rating.

Rather than do that, however, it gave a rating for the movie (the stars changed from white to green). I really do not like rating movies on these services, and have deleted all of my ratings from Netflix (currently the only streaming service I use). Is there any way to delete the rating on Xbox Video (and, if possible view the breakdown I originally wanted to see)?

PS: If this sounds like an OCD complaint, I'm sorry, but there's a perfectly good reason for that...
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#2Tajaz2426Posted 5/3/2014 5:23:42 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Not sure where else to post this...

Anyway, I was browsing through the Xbox Video app on my PC (I'm trying to decide which "ecosystem", if any, to buy into) and I noticed that the movies have different ratings from users listed at the bottom. I figured this would be just like in the store, where you can see how many users rated the movie a certain way, so I clicked on the rating.

Rather than do that, however, it gave a rating for the movie (the stars changed from white to green). I really do not like rating movies on these services, and have deleted all of my ratings from Netflix (currently the only streaming service I use). Is there any way to delete the rating on Xbox Video (and, if possible view the breakdown I originally wanted to see)?

PS: If this sounds like an OCD complaint, I'm sorry, but there's a perfectly good reason for that...

What is the XBox video app, if you don't mind me asking? I have a PS4, but I'm trying to learn about the One for future purchase and I love ecosystems..

I have all Apple(phone, ipad min, iPad mini, puter, wife and kinds all have 5s's for FaceTime because I'm stationed away from them and it works great sharing photos and talking) and sony( ps2,3,3, vita, psp), my 6 tubes in the house are all LG TVS, so don't worry about the OCD man! Haha...

Any
#3Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:29:32 PM(edited)
Tajaz2426 posted...
What is the XBox video app, if you don't mind me asking? I have a PS4, but I'm trying to learn about the One for future purchase and I love ecosystems..

I have all Apple(phone, ipad min, iPad mini, puter, wife and kinds all have 5s's for FaceTime because I'm stationed away from them and it works great sharing photos and talking) and sony( ps2,3,3, vita, psp), my 6 tubes in the house are all LG TVS, so don't worry about the OCD man! Haha...

Any

The "Xbox" brand is Microsoft's entertainment service brand (in addition to their console brand). Basically, it's like iTunes and Google Play crossed with Netflix and Pandora, only they split it up into separate services (Xbox Video, Xbox Music, etc.). As far as I know, only Xbox Music is available on non-Microsoft devices, which is a bit of a downside for me (despite being on this board, I don't have an Xbox One, or an Xbox 360...yet).

The app I'm talking about is the "Video" app available in Windows 8, which is actually Xbox Video.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#4Tajaz2426Posted 5/3/2014 5:28:41 PM
That's pretty cool, is it a smooth ecosystem, the transition between devices?
#5Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:32:21 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
That's pretty cool, is it a smooth ecosystem, the transition between devices?

I'm not entirely sure, since I don't actually use it. Basically, I was looking through their selection to see if it would be the service I buy into (which would also go a long way into getting me to buy an Xbox One).

From what I've read, the Xboxes only let you stream what you've purchased, when you can download your purchases on the PC (in addition to streaming them). I imagine it works well, though.
---
#6Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 6:55:23 PM
Bump.
---
#7aheroafakePosted 5/3/2014 9:14:35 PM
No.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |