Benefits of digital games as of now

#1TarotXIIIPosted 5/3/2014 11:49:23 PM
So it's a good... what, 6 months or so in for the new consoles? Are there any cool benefits yet for digital games?
#2Jedi454Posted 5/3/2014 11:50:15 PM
Getting robbed of your money is a benefit.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 5/3/2014 11:56:23 PM
#1: BC is dead, so don't expect anything you download to be playable in 6 years. Zero lessons learned from iTunes or Steam.
#2: No resale value.
#3: Run out of space quick because genius MS won't let users replace the HDD but only included less than 500GB in a generation where 50GB are not going to be uncommon.
#4: MS has more control over prices. When has that ever not worked out for consumers?

Oh wait, did you say benefits? Well...

#1: You don't have to get your lazy ass up to change discs.

That's it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#4KalibakPosted 5/3/2014 11:57:10 PM
Wha?
#5dnmtPosted 5/3/2014 11:58:40 PM
Ease of use and usually a cheaper price. You'd have to be a big baby to buy a digital game for $60, hth.
#6TMOGPosted 5/4/2014 12:18:45 AM
dnmt posted...
Ease of use and usually a cheaper price. You'd have to be a big baby to buy a digital game for $60, hth.

Outside of a flash/PS+ sale, I've never seen a digital copy of a console game that I can't find cheaper physical. Doesn't even matter what console.
---
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/TMOG/sonoftmogandfriends.jpg
#7dnmtPosted 5/4/2014 12:21:49 AM
TMOG posted...
dnmt posted...

Outside of a flash/PS+ sale, I've never seen a digital copy of a console game that I can't find cheaper physical. Doesn't even matter what console.

Well yeah, that's why you wait for those sales before buying anything.
#8Jedi454Posted 5/4/2014 12:23:59 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
#1: BC is dead, so don't expect anything you download to be playable in 6 years. Zero lessons learned from iTunes or Steam.
#3: Run out of space quick because genius MS won't let users replace the HDD but only included less than 500GB in a generation where 50GB are not going to be uncommon.
#4: MS has more control over prices. When has that ever not worked out for consumers?

That's it.

This guy sums it up. Idiot Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo don't have a damn clue.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#9ExDiosPosted 5/4/2014 12:38:47 AM
Buy discs till they go extinct. That's what I plan to do.
#10FinzFan4lifePosted 5/4/2014 12:44:46 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...

That's it.

#3 makes no sense since you have to install games no matter what, MS is allowing for external support which is better then swapping,

now on to the others

#1, I am not buying a new console to play old games,

#2, I don't plan on selling my games back this Gen

#4, Gaming is not a cheap hobby, although I wish MS offered cheap prices like sony, they are in a business to make money, Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the gaming business but until then don't expect MS to be charitable
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012