Benefits of digital games as of now

#41Viper187666Posted 5/4/2014 12:50:54 PM
Tenzhi posted...
da_StoOge posted...
Well if you're never going to replay a game then why not buy it physical so you can trade it in towards your next game?

Usually I do buy a physical copy. But if I can't immediately find a copy when I want to play a game now I'll get a digital download. Or, occasionally, when the digital copy goes on sale for cheaper than I can get it locally - particularly if the difference in price is as much or more than I'm likely to get for trade-in value on said game. In any case, his points #1, #3, and #4 are non-issues as far as I'm concerned. And #2 is only a marginal issue.

Buying games locally is stupid to begin with. You almost always see better deals online with places like Amazon. Hell, when they were advertising COD Ghosts for $40, NewEgg was selling the disc brand new for $20.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#42Viper187666Posted 5/4/2014 12:57:32 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
CapwnD posted...
In 30 years you're not going to dig out your Atari 2600 to play 2600 games. When you're older and have lived through more than one or two generations, you'll understand.

I do all the time, I've been around for every single generation since 2600. You don't speak for anyone but yourself, you condescending twit*. Just because you are happy to jump on the next shiny thing and are done with the thing that came before it like a hyperactive child with no appreciation for ownership/consumer rights doesn't mean everyone else is.

*Sanitized for the benefit of sensitive folk.

Edit: and as to your above clarification: you have literally no argument there. You are describing your personal habits to absolutely no end. No one cares what you do. It's irrelevant to why people aren't sold on digital and worry about it.

dnmt posted...
Guess this should be stated again; you are part of a very, very small minority. Most people today play SNES games on an emulator or the occasional iOS port.

And, my dear well known troll who is here to troll and does nothing but troll, this argument of yours proves... what? That consumers have no right to expect/demand/want anything except the lowest common denominator features? Let me list how many ****s I give about this asinine "only the biggest majority ever matters" line of reasoning:

As you can see, I'm super impressed.

Something else to take into account is that older consoles can have issues with HD equipment. I already see it with anything that's not HD. I had a VCR hooked up for a while, and the movies were viewable, but you couldn't see the blue status screen or OSD when nothing was playing. I've seen PS2 games where some of the intros or whatever weren't visible, but when you blindly hit a start a few times, you'd see the game again. There's apparently something odd about the resolution or refresh rate of older games. I'd still like to get another N64, since that controller is rather unique, but there's no real reason to play anything older, since those simple control layouts work fine on PC. The Dreamcast dev scene is extremely lacking, so that's a good one to have an actual console for.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#43shads3055Posted 5/4/2014 8:20:33 PM
I only made the mistake on getting battlefield digital thief and dead resign the rest of my games I like. Digital is the best ever no need to ever change the disk. And get up to do so
#44StrongBlackVinePosted 5/4/2014 8:27:10 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
CapwnD posted...
In 30 years you're not going to dig out your Atari 2600 to play 2600 games. When you're older and have lived through more than one or two generations, you'll understand.

I do all the time, I've been around for every single generation since 2600. You don't speak for anyone but yourself, you condescending twit*. Just because you are happy to jump on the next shiny thing and are done with the thing that came before it like a hyperactive child with no appreciation for ownership/consumer rights doesn't mean everyone else is.

*Sanitized for the benefit of sensitive folk.

Edit: and as to your above clarification: you have literally no argument there. You are describing your personal habits to absolutely no end. No one cares what you do. It's irrelevant to why people aren't sold on digital and worry about it.

dnmt posted...
Guess this should be stated again; you are part of a very, very small minority. Most people today play SNES games on an emulator or the occasional iOS port.

And, my dear well known troll who is here to troll and does nothing but troll, this argument of yours proves... what? That consumers have no right to expect/demand/want anything except the lowest common denominator features? Let me list how many ****s I give about this asinine "only the biggest majority ever matters" line of reasoning:

As you can see, I'm super impressed.

You are the minority.