anyone else disappointed in Kinects ability as a mic?

#1reptileeggPosted 5/4/2014 7:15:14 AM
when someone is using their Kinect as a mic you can hardly hear them. I was hoping for better than this :(
#2kyncaniPosted 5/4/2014 7:17:28 AM
* Gives TC a flameshield *
#3reptileegg(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 7:30:21 AM
* tumbleweeds *
#4GeistPosted 5/4/2014 7:33:21 AM
Hmmmm... Nice try, but too many people here are logical enough to know there are too many other factors to think about before solely blaming the Kinect. I'm sure you'll get a few hits though.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#5reptileegg(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 7:35:12 AM
Geist posted...
Hmmmm... Nice try, but too many people here are logical enough to know there are too many other factors to think about before solely blaming the Kinect. I'm sure you'll get a few hits though.

like people having to shout so they don't sound half a mile away?
#6Tajaz2426Posted 5/4/2014 7:56:22 AM
reptileegg posted...
Geist posted...

like people having to shout so they don't sound half a mile away?

No one is ever willing to discuss the issues with our consoles, it's always mine is better than yours. If you happen to have a problem with your console your labeled a troll, pony, or Xbot.

I have no issues discussing the problems with the PS4. Using the camera on that is awful as a mic too, bud. I think it is dependent on the actual distance you are away from it, but yeah even up close it's pretty awful. Sounds like you might be underwater. Does a headset affect the kinect or can you just disable it?
#7reptileegg(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 7:57:44 AM
I'm serious - I own an Xbox One and last year I was looking forward to using the Kinect as a mic while using my regular headphones (headphones with no mic). But it is a let down. Why must this be a troll topic?
#8ExempliGratiaPosted 5/4/2014 7:59:54 AM
Using the Kinect as an actual mic to speak to people STINKS. It picks up every sound in the area including the tv. Playing people in K.I sucks because you hear the game and background noise. The kinect is good at picking up everything so good it's annoying.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#9BryanPS360Posted 5/4/2014 8:02:52 AM
Good thing the system came packed with a headset.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#10reptileegg(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 8:04:21 AM
BryanPS360 posted...
Good thing the system came packed with a headset.

ah, but I use headphones so as not to disturb my neighbors with machine gun fire at 4 AM.