anyone else disappointed in Kinects ability as a mic?

#21bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/4/2014 11:11:54 AM
reptileegg posted...
I'm serious - I own an Xbox One and last year I was looking forward to using the Kinect as a mic while using my regular headphones (headphones with no mic). But it is a let down. Why must this be a troll topic?

Never ever use the kinect as a mic. No one wants to hear everything going on around you.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#22vivalabuck92Posted 5/4/2014 11:46:23 AM
I thought Kinect was good when I used it as a mic. Only reason I stopped was because I moved into an apartment with roommates and hearing voices from the TV I'm sure can get annoying for them.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#23aheroafakePosted 5/4/2014 2:46:50 PM(edited)
Check this link out, TC:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69127909

People on this site are whiney female dogs when it comes to people using Kinect as a mic. In addition to muting you, they report your gamertag. I talked to Microsoft about this very issue, and I even gave them the link above and they assured me that I wouldn't be punished for the complaints filed against me because they knew the complaints were BS.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#24aheroafakePosted 5/4/2014 2:52:57 PM
IWho_Nose posted...
Most people have the common sense not to use the Kinect as a mic as it is a horrible alternative and will result in massive negative rep and eternal mutes (from the profile page, not the in-game menus.)

Kinect 2.0 has improved on the Kinect 1.0 exactly 0% in this category.

Of course when I say "most people" I do not mean bratty 14 year olds or sponge headed frat boys.

TC, this is one of the whiney little ******* I was talking about. You say people with common sense would realize not to use Kinect. Ironic considering "common sense" would have you just mute the person and be done with it. But common sense is something a lot of people on this site lack, such as yourself. I'm not going to argue about this considering I've already addressed this in another topic.
---
#25kiljaedenPosted 5/4/2014 2:53:47 PM
Not at all. Me and everyone I know have fun telling the xbox what to do BECAUSE it hears all.
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!
#26bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/4/2014 2:58:21 PM
aheroafake posted...
IWho_Nose posted...
Most people have the common sense not to use the Kinect as a mic as it is a horrible alternative and will result in massive negative rep and eternal mutes (from the profile page, not the in-game menus.)

Of course when I say "most people" I do not mean bratty 14 year olds or sponge headed frat boys.

TC, this is one of the whiney little ******* I was talking about. You say people with common sense would realize not to use Kinect. Ironic considering "common sense" would have you just mute the person and be done with it. But common sense is something a lot of people on this site lack, such as yourself. I'm not going to argue about this considering I've already addressed this in another topic.

I'm fine with kinect mics for chat as long as the room you are in has no background noise which rarely happens. There are also idiots who have the kinect mic on, but never use it to chat. Plus do you know how irritating it is to mute 80% of the people in a multiplayer game?
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#27aheroafakePosted 5/4/2014 3:12:59 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
aheroafake posted...
IWho_Nose posted...

I'm fine with kinect mics for chat as long as the room you are in has no background noise which rarely happens. There are also idiots who have the kinect mic on, but never use it to chat. Plus do you know how irritating it is to mute 80% of the people in a multiplayer game?

I know how annoying it is to hear everything in the background when someone is using Kinect for a mic and I agree, it's annoying. But there are tons of people I've gamed with that were using Kinect for a mic and the only thing I ever heard was their voice. Some people just need to calibrate Kinect's mic. I'm not one of those annoying people though. If I use my Kinect for a mic, I always ask my teammates to let me know if my mic starts freaking out when I use Kinect. And whenever someone does say that my mic is going crazy, I stop using the Kinect as a mic. The point I'm trying to make is that Kinect's mic isn't always disruptive, even though most people say that it is. There are those who are considerate when using their mic. And yes, sometimes it's not a super quick process to mute someone online, but it doesn't take forever. And honestly, I rarely run into people using Kinect's mic. So it's not like it's a process that I have to do every time I join a game.
---
#28MicropolisPosted 5/4/2014 3:18:39 PM
I bail on every game where someone is using their Kinect as a Mic it works great and its annoying. Please save your pennies and get a headset with a Mic. We can hear every thing in your room everything.
#29aheroafakePosted 5/4/2014 3:22:11 PM
^Thank you for proving my point.
---
#30MrImpatient35Posted 5/4/2014 3:28:09 PM
Really? Is this a purposely trolling topic, or you're serious? My friend EXCLUSIVELY uses Kinect for a Mic, and he sounds fine. A bit distant, but fine. I sometimes use it when I don't feel like getting my headset, and I've heard no complaints from anyone I play with. I can't take this topic serious because me, and everyone I play with isn't having the same problems.
---
FML