When is the Xbox going to get an mmo?

#11AppleJeZusPosted 5/4/2014 9:08:36 AM
Like others have said, it has to do with Micro$oft's paywall policies. Companies don't want to limit their customers to only those who pay for another service when they would be taking the time and money to create a port.
---
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
#12PackersXLVPosted 5/4/2014 9:28:19 AM
CKnight posted...
Don't know why it didn't get FF14. I play on PS4 and it's pretty good and perfect for consoles.

If MS and EA are in bed together then bringing The Old Republic to Xbox One would be smart.

You don't need PlayStation plus to play FF on ps4 if they had the same option on Xbox one I'm sure they have it on there but it wouldn't make a difference cause everyone has gold.
#13crynryanPosted 5/4/2014 9:48:10 AM
AppleJeZus posted...
Like others have said, it has to do with Micro$oft's paywall policies. Companies don't want to limit their customers to only those who pay for another service when they would be taking the time and money to create a port.

Brandino185 posted...
FF14 isn't on Xbox consoles because MS is stupid with their Live policies. The game basically requires cross-platform functionality and the director insisted. MS refused.

---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#14natrapslivePosted 5/5/2014 10:38:42 AM
Who has a X1 and not a gold account?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps
#15slyman19Posted 5/5/2014 10:48:09 AM
AppleJeZus posted...

Oh damn! You use a $ in place of the S! Kool Kid over here! Hey everyone, look at the Kool Kid!
#16slyman19Posted 5/5/2014 10:50:07 AM
PackersXLV posted...
We won't see that game unless ms and Bethesda come to an agreement ms doesn't think its necessary to charge an extra fee on top of gold.
They want the subscription to be tied in with your gold subscription yes they allowed final fantasy to do it in the past but this is the same reason most MMO don't appear on Xbox.
I read this in an article not to long ago and it was major nelson that mentioned that there working with Bethesda to bring this to Xbox.
I actually agree with this I don't mind paying monthly fees if the platform is free like ps3 but when were paying for gold we should get every game online no extra cost.
If MS turns down ESO a lot of people will be mad at them but from what hear it will be for the better I have friends who have it on PC it's an absolute mess and they will be canceling it.

What the hell are you talking about? ESO is coming to the One. The Gold requirement isn't going to stop the game from being launched on the Xbox.
#17RinglercorpPosted 5/7/2014 12:01:23 PM
I wish Bethesda learned from EA/Bioware with Star Wars The Old Republic... Instead of making KOTOR 3, they made an MMO which turned out to be not nearly as successful as they thought.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#18AppleJeZusPosted 5/7/2014 12:03:35 PM
Oh god it's Slyman.... the person who adds nothing to topics and acts like they're the s***. Go sit down, order some pizza, then calmly toss your keyboard in the street so we don't have to read your stupid comments please.
---
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
#19ThisIsDumbfaqsPosted 5/7/2014 12:31:54 PM
Ringlercorp posted...
I wish Bethesda learned from EA/Bioware with Star Wars The Old Republic... Instead of making KOTOR 3, they made an MMO which turned out to be not nearly as successful as they thought.

I agree with you, but at the same time i feel I'm in the few that loved SWTOR. Maybe it's because it was the first MMO I actually cared to get to end-game. I'd love to see that ported but i dont see it being possible. I tried to do a Xpadder for it last night, way to many things, i just gave up. FF14 is good enough that i regret trading in my PS3, honestly it's good enough that if ESO flops (i cant get into the PC version at all, just not...captivating?) I may consider selling my One for a PS4. That's kinda hard seeing the average PS4 response to well...anything on this forum. I don't want to be associated with that nasty a$$ "I'm so much better" Attitude they all reek of (Majority of Gfaqs PS4 owners).
#20slyman19Posted 5/7/2014 12:45:35 PM
AppleJeZus posted...
Oh god it's Slyman.... the person who adds nothing to topics and acts like they're the s***. Go sit down, order some pizza, then calmly toss your keyboard in the street so we don't have to read your stupid comments please.

Talk about adding nothing to topics....