Anyone Else Thinking Of Switching Over To PS4?

#41HaeravonPosted 5/4/2014 3:01:06 PM
Why this talk of 'switching?' It's not like you're thinking of defecting to a rival nation in war-time, it's a video game console. 80% of their game libraries are multi-plats, and if you care about exclusives that much... just buy the other one, too? Never understood why people feel like they have to marry one console or another.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#42UddersAndBladesPosted 5/4/2014 3:03:48 PM
I currently have a One and a 360. I'm satisfied with both. Garden Warfare and Titanfall on the One are both incredible. I'm also excited for the upcoming Halo.

I would never trade in my One, but I could consider getting a PS4 in the future. The only reason I say this is because of the Project Beast (possibly Demon Souls II) rumors that sprouted in the last few days. If it is PS4 exclusive, which it is likely to be, I would probably buy a PS4.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#43spacejamjordanzPosted 5/4/2014 3:04:58 PM
Why switch when both consoles are virtually identical despite what the fanboys on both sides say? Like it was said before, you should go with the platform that has exclusives that appeal to you more.

If you want something different, then buy a Wii U. Plus it has better exclusives than both PS4 and X1 right now anyway IMO.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#44HairlessTugboatPosted 5/4/2014 3:06:36 PM
0PTICS posted...
"Switching"? Apparently we can't have both....

---
GT: HairlessTugboat
#45DEMONPANDA212Posted 5/4/2014 3:12:36 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
To play what game?

XB1 + 3DS = WIN

360 + PS3 + P.C + Vita + 3DS + PS4 = WIN for me. Yet to want an X1.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#46StrongBlackVinePosted 5/4/2014 3:17:58 PM
quincy2000a posted...
BeefEaster posted...
I don't understand why someone would sell a game console they only bought a few months ago...why buy it in the first place?

I can't afford the best house or car--but I can afford the best console. I thought I was purchasing the better graphically, more powerful console--and that's not what I got.

I still have subscriptions to content from Ghost and B4 on the X1 and a subscription to Xbox Live till sometime in 2015, so I'm kind of locked in. The only thing that distinguishes my X1 from my PS4 right now is that piece of junk known as the Kinect (the PS4 has distinguished itself as the better console to present multiplats). If there is no substantial development for the Kinect, I'll probably be selling my X1--if I can get someone to buy it.

If you had been paying the slightest bit of attention you would have know the PS4 had superior hardware. Unless you were being delusional and believing in the power of the cloud or some other nonsense.
#47NettoSaitoPosted 5/4/2014 3:29:09 PM
Really you should get whatever console has exclusives you like the most. I normally buy every console, but this time around, I'm going to stick with the PS4 and Wii U. I loved my 360, but over the past few years... I just... I don't care for what MS did. A lot of the games I loved on the 360 are no longer being developed on MS consoles (BlazBlue, Tales of, and other Japanese games), and Sony started pumping out much more worth wild games. I actually stopped buying 360 games, and "switched" over to the PS3.

Really I was hoping that the "720" (as we knew it at the time) would be the 360 allover again, with the games I love, but nope... So far it isn't. I love Dead Rising, but DR3 doesn't interest me as much as 1 and 2 did, so it isn't enough for me to buy an XBO, and I lost interest in Halo starting with 4. Also was never a fan of Gears of War, and I like other racing games better than FMS.

So yeah, for me, the PS4 was the better choice. Especially since now a lot more of my friends are on Sony consoles instead of XBL. Still maybe one day I'll pick up an XBO.... We'll see.
---
PSN/XBL/NN - NettoSaito | 3DS - [1203-9218-7780]
Netto's Game Room - News, Reviews, Forums, and More - http://www.nettosgameroom.com
#48GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/4/2014 3:38:55 PM
No need to think about switching I own both systems already.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#49VellBellPosted 5/4/2014 4:05:28 PM
As someone who won't own the xbone, I never understood why some have to choose only one, or switch. Owning multiple consoles is the way to go if you like their exclusives. And that obviously happened if you bought one. If you don't like them and avoid it altogether, that's another thing entirely. But I guess if you have to choose, go with whatever. Just remember to feel silly when you're re buying a console for the games you missed.
---
I play what I want.
#50RS_YELARAKAPosted 5/4/2014 4:07:52 PM(edited)
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
To play what game?

XB1 + 3DS = WIN

360 + PS3 + P.C + Vita + 3DS + PS4 = WIN for me. Yet to want an X1.

I'd rather have more money and more of a life. Unless you are actually playing all of those, which would take up some serious time, it's not worth the cash flow. For what anyway... a couple exclusives LOL. No thanks. PS has no exclusives I'd play, XBOX has a ton and Mario leads the way with nostalgia throwbacks and great platformers. I get it all with 2 systems why do I need 5 of them and a PC? I do have a Wii collecting dust though.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
3DS FC - 5301-0384-5258