Disc drive

#1ThaistikPosted 5/4/2014 10:32:51 AM
My disc drive is starting to go out. :( It has slowly been getting worse as time goes on. Just did chat with xbox support they're gonna send me a new one and I send mine back. It's gonna cost me 15 shipping and handling which sucks, but it could be worse I guess. Does anyone whose had this experience know if it's actually a new console I'll be sent or a refurbished one?
---
Five finger death punch
#2Laylow12Posted 5/4/2014 10:37:55 AM
You shouldn't have to pay a dime for a defective console replacement. Replacement should be paid for by the company that made the defective console, not the loyal customer.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3Thaistik(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 10:45:22 AM
They said if I just wanted mine to be sent to them it wouldn't cost me anything. The only reason I don't want to do it that way is I really don't want to have to wait and be without my console.
---
Five finger death punch
#4lil_mocchiPosted 5/4/2014 12:15:40 PM
call them back and demand a free shipping label don't let them get away with that crap
---
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start
#5Thaistik(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 2:02:19 PM
Update. They wanted not only 15 for the shipping but also that I have 500 in my account that my debit card is tied to in order to send me a new system. I guess to make sure I sent my defective one to them. They said my card would only get charged if they failed to receive my broken console by said date. What bs ,I instead had them email me a fedex label, get it printed,just so I could go to local ship and mail and have it sent to them. I now have to wait to get it back. I would've done it the other way but what if they don't get my broke system, or try to claim what was wrong with it wasn't covered under warranty, then I get charged 500 again for a system I already bought once!? I've been a long time fan of xbox consoles even though I've had 5 360's crap out on me and now my xbox one. Sorry for wall of text.
---
Five finger death punch
#6Thaistik(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 2:05:31 PM
Please don't anyone think I'm a troll or something I love my 360 & xbox one. I was hoping not to have as many problems this gen. First the kinect goes out within a month now the disc drive. :(
---
Five finger death punch
#7blacklabelicePosted 5/5/2014 2:11:07 PM(edited)
i love the sense of entitlement

any random joe could call microsoft and claim their xbox was defective. even if they never owned one they could just call up microsoft and get a new console for free. nobody would bother buying one from stores as they could easilly herp their derp to microsoft over the phone and give them their buddies serial number off their console just so they could get one too, and never send one back in exchange.

no. the credit card/debit return policy is in place to ensure you go through on your end of the deal.

if you dont care for that, then you can send yours in and wait in queue for yours to be fixed or replaced before you get one sent back. for the mean time, deal with it. im sure youll be just fine without playing your video games for a while. microsoft isnt going to bend over backwards for you, or anybody else for that matter.
#8Thaistik(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 2:27:21 PM(edited)
What entitlement are you talking about? Did I say I expected something for nothing? I did send it in through fedex. My point was if they didn't get my system or tried to say what was wrong wasn't covered by warranty I get charged 500 after already paying 500. Learn to read. I wasn't asking for free stuff or anything. Thanks for explaining the credit card thing for me, I didn't understand it(sarcasm). That wasn't my point if you read the post.
---
Five finger death punch
#9TrickyPonyPosted 5/5/2014 2:25:59 PM
Thaistik posted...
Update. They wanted not only 15 for the shipping but also that I have 500 in my account that my debit card is tied to in order to send me a new system. I guess to make sure I sent my defective one to them. They said my card would only get charged if they failed to receive my broken console by said date. What bs ,I instead had them email me a fedex label, get it printed,just so I could go to local ship and mail and have it sent to them. I now have to wait to get it back. I would've done it the other way but what if they don't get my broke system, or try to claim what was wrong with it wasn't covered under warranty, then I get charged 500 again for a system I already bought once!? I've been a long time fan of xbox consoles even though I've had 5 360's crap out on me and now my xbox one. Sorry for wall of text.

I think its a pretty good policy, not sure why you would have a problem with it unless you planned to not hold up your end. Placing holds on monetary amounts is quite common.
#10Thaistik(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 2:29:58 PM
Apparently you people can't read. I stated why I was worried about it. I'm also not a thief that didn't plan on sending the broke one back.
---
Five finger death punch