Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#11PominAusPosted 5/4/2014 6:28:12 PM
Apex-Player posted...
xbox exclusives - meet PC
MS TV shows - meet showtime

Think things are going so so now? Wait until all the content they offer is available anywhere else.
It won't exactly help the xboxone take off.
It will generate more profits for MS, well rendering the xboxone completely unnecessary.

I actually agree with this, they need a wealth of true exclusives not available on PC. Halo TV series going to Showtime first seems daft!
#12HorridhalPosted 5/4/2014 6:49:47 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
This new console generation is going to be much different than the previous one. To win the console war, the console must win in the overall entertainment experience, rather than primarily just gaming.

Inherently wrong.

The system more focused on gaming will, ultimately, capture the largest portion of the market. People don't buy a console for television integration, they buy a cable box or get satellite.

The only people who think tv integration are going to put MS on top is MS and fanboys of MS.

Other than that the ONLY thing the x1 can do that the PS4 can't is multitasking. Again, that is most definitely NOT a selling point for a console.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#133HPPosted 5/4/2014 6:59:13 PM
Giant wall of insecurity and reassurance.
#14TheSL1ClubPosted 5/4/2014 7:12:48 PM
3HP posted...
Giant wall of insecurity and reassurance.

---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#15blitz_0623Posted 5/4/2014 7:13:26 PM
Idk why TC didn't link it, kind of makes me think he wants everyone to think he actually wrote those 2 walls of text

http://www.microsoftproductreviews.com/editorials/xbox-poised-make-playstation-niche-product/
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#16Apex-PlayerPosted 5/4/2014 7:15:13 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Idk why TC didn't link it, kind of makes me think he wants everyone to think he actually wrote those 2 walls of text

http://www.microsoftproductreviews.com/editorials/xbox-poised-make-playstation-niche-product/

Lmao.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#17Tajaz2426Posted 5/4/2014 7:21:26 PM
Gents this fellow is why this boards gets trolled so hard. As a future owner of the One and a current owner of the PS4 this kind of topic is just sad.

He/she writes with absolutely no regard for reality and speaks as if lies and pure speculation are truth. We all learned in High School about APA style and how to have resources with claims while writing a paper for an argument or counter argument.

For an argument you need to write in a clear, simplistic, and concise way to make sure your argument has facts to use as power to sway the reader. The even more despondent fact is that certain people inherently believe anything that is before them.

To end this, both consoles have their good and bad points, but this makes all fans of consoles look bad, because people are willing to go to any length to make themselves feel assured that they made the proper choice of a purchase.

My advice and it is that, just advice, live with the purchase you made and enjoy the games, software, and aspects you love about your console, buy another, or sell it, and get what you want. Spreading falsehoods to make yourself feel better without any clear point, makes you look like your rambling and makes people think you are nothing short of a troglodyte.

Please folks do research, before posting so we can all have a better experience on these forums. I enjoy this board, because I can learn things about a future purchase and there are great people on this board, just a the PS4 board.
#18T-Virus935Posted 5/4/2014 7:26:11 PM
Xbox One sales 3.2 Million units SOLD
Xbox One shipped 5 million units
PS4 sales 7.1 million units SOLD
The more powerful system is leading I don't know what you expect them to do to change that. Even with the Cloud you'd need a constant 22-50mbps internet connection to ever hope of a steady 1080p stream quality. Reassurance topics are your strong points Legend. Facts and reasoning not so much.
---
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
#19CKnightPosted 5/4/2014 7:31:49 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Gents this fellow is why this boards gets trolled so hard. As a future owner of the One and a current owner of the PS4 this kind of topic is just sad.

He/she writes with absolutely no regard for reality and speaks as if lies and pure speculation are truth. We all learned in High School about APA style and how to have resources with claims while writing a paper for an argument or counter argument.

For an argument you need to write in a clear, simplistic, and concise way to make sure your argument has facts to use as power to sway the reader. The even more despondent fact is that certain people inherently believe anything that is before them.

To end this, both consoles have their good and bad points, but this makes all fans of consoles look bad, because people are willing to go to any length to make themselves feel assured that they made the proper choice of a purchase.

My advice and it is that, just advice, live with the purchase you made and enjoy the games, software, and aspects you love about your console, buy another, or sell it, and get what you want. Spreading falsehoods to make yourself feel better without any clear point, makes you look like your rambling and makes people think you are nothing short of a troglodyte.

Please folks do research, before posting so we can all have a better experience on these forums. I enjoy this board, because I can learn things about a future purchase and there are great people on this board, just a the PS4 board.

Your post is a waste of time to read and goes in line with all the other posters who pretty much had absolutely nothing to say in response to the TC's post.

Right or wrong the TC's post is an interesting read and take on the future of gaming consoles.

It can't be denied that on demand media is a hugely growing market/source of entertainment. Netflix, Amazon, Crackle are all producing shows just on there services. Netflix is ahead of the curve with stuff like Hemlock Grove, House of Cards and a deal with Marvel to produce DareDevil and Punisher shows.
#20GFaqsUser22Posted 5/4/2014 8:01:46 PM
First of all, while I didn't read the initial post (because this is obviously a flopic), I couldn't help but think that this is some essay written for a middle-school English class. Second, I don't use my consoles for anything other than playing games. They can remove Netflix, DVD/blu-ray movie playback, voice commands, sharing, remote play, motion controls, and anything else that doesn't relate to playing a damn game, and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.