Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#31Tajaz2426Posted 5/4/2014 7:34:18 PM
CKnight posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Gents this fellow is why this boards gets trolled so hard. As a future owner of the One and a current owner of the PS4 this kind of topic is just sad.

He/she writes with absolutely no regard for reality and speaks as if lies and pure speculation are truth. We all learned in High School about APA style and how to have resources with claims while writing a paper for an argument or counter argument.

For an argument you need to write in a clear, simplistic, and concise way to make sure your argument has facts to use as power to sway the reader. The even more despondent fact is that certain people inherently believe anything that is before them.

To end this, both consoles have their good and bad points, but this makes all fans of consoles look bad, because people are willing to go to any length to make themselves feel assured that they made the proper choice of a purchase.

My advice and it is that, just advice, live with the purchase you made and enjoy the games, software, and aspects you love about your console, buy another, or sell it, and get what you want. Spreading falsehoods to make yourself feel better without any clear point, makes you look like your rambling and makes people think you are nothing short of a troglodyte.

Please folks do research, before posting so we can all have a better experience on these forums. I enjoy this board, because I can learn things about a future purchase and there are great people on this board, just a the PS4 board.

Your post is a waste of time to read and goes in line with all the other posters who pretty much had absolutely nothing to say in response to the TC's post.

Right or wrong the TC's post is an interesting read and take on the future of gaming consoles.

It can't be denied that on demand media is a hugely growing market/source of entertainment. Netflix, Amazon, Crackle are all producing shows just on there services. Netflix is ahead of the curve with stuff like Hemlock Grove, House of Cards and a deal with Marvel to produce DareDevil and Punisher shows.

Like I said, people will read anything whether their is any validity or not. Streaming services will not make a console a too priority.

My response was definitely valid and answered his post very much. It also proved my post valid as it is an article that was from a known parity site for Microsoft. That being said, without any resources or proof, it makes his whole argument moot.
#32TheNonBelieverPosted 5/4/2014 7:34:51 PM
pleas stop, you're just making other xbox fans look bad tc
---
Watching: Pretty Cure Splash Star
#33thegamer00Posted 5/4/2014 7:35:52 PM
Great article. Agree 100%.
#34BruceWayneJrPosted 5/4/2014 7:37:40 PM
It's rare that I see someone use so many words to say so little.
#35Esky8Posted 5/4/2014 7:41:51 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Gents this fellow is why this boards gets trolled so hard. As a future owner of the One and a current owner of the PS4 this kind of topic is just sad.

He/she writes with absolutely no regard for reality and speaks as if lies and pure speculation are truth. We all learned in High School about APA style and how to have resources with claims while writing a paper for an argument or counter argument.

For an argument you need to write in a clear, simplistic, and concise way to make sure your argument has facts to use as power to sway the reader. The even more despondent fact is that certain people inherently believe anything that is before them.

To end this, both consoles have their good and bad points, but this makes all fans of consoles look bad, because people are willing to go to any length to make themselves feel assured that they made the proper choice of a purchase.

My advice and it is that, just advice, live with the purchase you made and enjoy the games, software, and aspects you love about your console, buy another, or sell it, and get what you want. Spreading falsehoods to make yourself feel better without any clear point, makes you look like your rambling and makes people think you are nothing short of a troglodyte.

Please folks do research, before posting so we can all have a better experience on these forums. I enjoy this board, because I can learn things about a future purchase and there are great people on this board, just a the PS4 board.

Fantastic post that covers everything I wanted to say. These threads (and those who seek validation from them) are, en masse, ridiculous.
#36Gilded_FoxPosted 5/4/2014 8:03:40 PM
And once again the PS3 was all about multi-functionality as an entertainment hub in the living room. That concept was summarily dumped on by Xbox fans because there was no "focus" on what it was. Suddenly the 'nextbox' tries the same thing and its fans herald it as the second coming.
#37C810Posted 5/4/2014 8:11:23 PM
The main flaw in your argument is that you assume people want a console that acts as the center of their media hub. Most people will want a console that focuses solely on gaming while relying on dedicated devices such as Roku boxes to watch Netflix, Hulu, and so on. I think that people generally prefer to have dedicated devices as opposed to a jack of all trades since you usually lose something by going with an all in one device. Or, people might skip a console all together and just buy a steaming device if they realize they don't really plan on playing games. However, the biggest problem is that a multimedia machine already exists: PC. And since most people own one, it would be redundant to buy an Xbox One just to copy all of the functions a PC can.

Another thing is that you also assume that Microsoft's shows will be something worth watching. If Halo 4 is anything to go by, the Halo show will likely be subpar. The premise might be good, but the execution may not be worthwhile when they could put that money towards developing new IPs or improving the Xbox One
---
Xbox 360, PS4. Looking to get a PS3, Vita, and Wii U.
Raikkonen will prevail over Alonso.
#38TheArcadePosted 5/4/2014 8:17:03 PM
nb003_99 posted...
"We are seeing this as..."
Who else do you speak for?

You of course. He's your spokesperson, these are your views.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#39thisranksPosted 5/4/2014 8:18:36 PM
This topic was a fail from the word "niche".

Good lord this place has gone so far downhill since i started visiting in 2001. It's now the home of the entitled gamers, the regionally challenged, the backseat developers, and worse of all people who hate on games and systems yet still consider themselves gamers.

It's truly a wonder the industry hasn't suffered a second collapse. Fortunately we are lucky the Gamefaqs community is but a drop in the bucket. If it wasn't and the lunacy we see here on a daily basis was the majority the s*** really would hit the fan.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#40bapelvPosted 5/4/2014 8:22:25 PM
This is why X1 board get trolled so hard this Legendguy and that hentaij whatever dude are the roots of this problem those 2 really need to have something better to do then keep lurking this site 24/7 and make so many reassurance topics. If you like X1 then play the dam console for the love of god rather complaining about another console. I come on x1 board to read some news ABOUT GAMES that I have missed so I can decide whether or not to get a X1. Clearly that impossible with so many reassurance topics going on.
---
PSN:BapeLV Im new to playstation add me :D Age:23
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor/16GB/GTX 670