Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#41AtalalamaPosted 5/4/2014 9:23:40 PM
Why Xbox is poised to do the same thing as the 360:

Microsoft is releasing a new version of the Xbox One with a larger Hard Drive in the coming months, thereby confirming that all early adopters were "beta-testers". Even used game stores are refusing to buy used XBOne's for more than $200.

Console wars. They should be left to Hyperdimension Neptunia titles.
---
If a game's not good enough for a physical release, then it's not good enough for me.
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?
#42slyman19Posted 5/4/2014 9:25:47 PM
Atalalama posted...

Microsoft is releasing a new version of the Xbox One with a larger Hard Drive in the coming months, thereby confirming that all early adopters were "beta-testers". Even used game stores are refusing to buy used XBOne's for more than $200.

What's your point? All consoles go through changes.

I wish people wouldn't make references to extremely niche titles.
#43nb003_99Posted 5/4/2014 9:26:41 PM
TheArcade posted...
nb003_99 posted...
"We are seeing this as..."
Who else do you speak for?

You of course. He's your spokesperson, these are your views.

Sorry man, Billy Mays is my spokesperson.
We all agree.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#44chedibang1994Posted 5/4/2014 9:28:47 PM
bapelv posted...
This is why X1 board get trolled so hard this Legendguy and that hentaij whatever dude are the roots of this problem those 2 really need to have something better to do then keep lurking this site 24/7 and make so many reassurance topics. If you like X1 then play the dam console for the love of god rather complaining about another console. I come on x1 board to read some news ABOUT GAMES that I have missed so I can decide whether or not to get a X1. Clearly that impossible with so many reassurance topics going on.

There were many people trying to make positive topics yet get trolled then we defend it all of a sudden it's called white knighting so you sir are invalid people troll because they choose to they don't need topics from these guys to make it happen
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#45toolman129Posted 5/4/2014 9:31:39 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
topic title and first 2 sentences were enough.

People want a gaming machine focused on games for gamers
not tv functions and entertainment functions.

Some, not all.

While the pc will likely remain the go to choice for games and, well, anything else, I'll pick my consoles for available exclusives and any other perks over the competition.

It's why I chose the xb1 first over the ps4 for sure, but the ps4 will likely have a place in my home in the future as well.
---
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk
#46BlackWizardMagusPosted 5/4/2014 9:41:07 PM
What idiot buys his game console based on the ability to watch TV on it? We already have TV! If you want a multi-media device, buy a PC, because it does all that, and more, and gets it's own games too. This also annoys me because it sounds like the consoles could of been much cheaper if they hadn't spent so much money on getting these non-gaming functions going; if they were both 250 bucks, everyone would just buy both.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#47AnthonnyPosted 5/4/2014 9:41:34 PM
So what you're saying is that is I want my gaming console to be better at gaming I should buy a PS4?
---
Whoomp! There it is.
#48hak145Posted 5/4/2014 9:55:19 PM
funny cause the wii was advertised as a console made purely for video games.

Welp, there goes your argument.
---
Gamertag XL: CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2, Honorable Mentions: Fallout 3, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Bioshock
#49AtalalamaPosted 5/4/2014 9:57:55 PM
slyman19 posted...
Atalalama posted...

What's your point? All consoles go through changes.

I wish people wouldn't make references to extremely niche titles.

<<<Joke<<<

.......You.......
---
If a game's not good enough for a physical release, then it's not good enough for me.
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?
#50Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/4/2014 9:59:44 PM
And here's where you're wrong - if I'm an average consumer I can go buy an AppleTV or Roku or other set-top box for about 1/5th the price. Most of your new Smart TV's have these apps built in already.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310