Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#51TheMadTokerPosted 5/4/2014 10:07:41 PM
Anthonny posted...
So what you're saying is that is I want my gaming console to be better at gaming I should buy a PS4?

---
"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!" ~Murphy
http://terraria-server-list.com/server/1631/
#52CKnightPosted 5/4/2014 10:15:41 PM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
What idiot buys his game console based on the ability to watch TV on it? We already have TV! If you want a multi-media device, buy a PC, because it does all that, and more, and gets it's own games too. This also annoys me because it sounds like the consoles could of been much cheaper if they hadn't spent so much money on getting these non-gaming functions going; if they were both 250 bucks, everyone would just buy both.

I think the only idiots are out of touch people who always mention PC. They clearly don't understand the majority of console buyers.

I use a laptop every day at work and guess what, when I get home not sitting in front of my laptop watching shows. I'm my laptop up to my television and watching shows. I'm turning on my game console.

I'm a computer person and when i'm home I'm not using my laptop/pc, cellphone or tablet to watch shows.

And unless your naive anyone with mild intelligence can see that many people want game consoles to do more than just play games.

Sony even knows this.

The difference is MS as a software company is able to make/adapt an OS better suited for the growing market and functionality of on demand media.

MS biggest hurdle is the price tag.
#53Tajaz2426Posted 5/4/2014 10:21:56 PM
CKnight posted...
BlackWizardMagus posted...
What idiot buys his game console based on the ability to watch TV on it? We already have TV! If you want a multi-media device, buy a PC, because it does all that, and more, and gets it's own games too. This also annoys me because it sounds like the consoles could of been much cheaper if they hadn't spent so much money on getting these non-gaming functions going; if they were both 250 bucks, everyone would just buy both.

I think the only idiots are out of touch people who always mention PC. They clearly don't understand the majority of console buyers.

I use a laptop every day at work and guess what, when I get home not sitting in front of my laptop watching shows. I'm my laptop up to my television and watching shows. I'm turning on my game console.

I'm a computer person and when i'm home I'm not using my laptop/pc, cellphone or tablet to watch shows.

And unless your naive anyone with mild intelligence can see that many people want game consoles to do more than just play games.

Sony even knows this.

The difference is MS as a software company is able to make/adapt an OS better suited for the growing market and functionality of on demand media.

MS biggest hurdle is the price tag.

If folks only worried about multimedia, price tag wouldn't matter at all. It's the fact that's it's a weaker console and the other console promotes better gaming experience, at least the sales say so.

Multimedia alone can't do it as there many devices other than PC. I don't even watch Netflix or hulu on my 4 as my tv does it, or my Apple TV. I pick something in my phone and throw it in the screen.

Note: I plan on getting a One as I'm a huge Halo fan. This is also just my opinion on the matter.
#54Kabuto_YPosted 5/4/2014 10:38:51 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
nyannyan91 posted...
xbox gonna need FPS to save them again. we all know one of the reason X360 beat PS3 early was FPS game.

The only reason 360 beat PS3 early was releasing a year early.

I just want to point out, there are a lot of other reasons that the 360 beat the PS3 early. Not just being out first, but price being a huge deal (especially since some release PS3 skus were as expensive as an Xbone now), and an inferior online service also caused the PS3 to suffer early.

Granted, Sony's pulled their head out of their rear this generation, and Microsoft is checking to see if there was anything interesting up there.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#55senttooblivianPosted 5/4/2014 10:49:34 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
topic title and first 2 sentences were enough.

People want a gaming machine focused on games for gamers
not tv functions and entertainment functions.

---
Wii U NNID: Dee_Battery PSN-pidgeons (PS3) PSN- Dee Battery (PS4)
3DS FC: 5429-7398-8841 XBL: A Hippy Jew
#56TauriLeaderPosted 5/4/2014 10:50:44 PM
What the article seems to miss is the fact that some of the media features don't work outside the US.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#57redeyes6778Posted 5/4/2014 11:39:32 PM
the troll is strong with TC
#58SetzeraPosted 5/5/2014 12:01:01 AM
Personally, I don't buy a gaming console for anything but gaming. Call me old fashioned.

I guess I'm niche.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#59CaIiber345Posted 5/5/2014 12:06:47 AM
TC, getting a head start on next month's rent money?
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#60Sobriquet835Posted 5/5/2014 12:40:54 AM
Gaming console for gaming.

PC/Tablet for other entertainment needs, like digital music, movie or TV collections. Ps4 and Xbox both play DVD's and BluRay, so there is no difference there.
---
Psn: Sobriquet835 3ds: 5198-2855-6540