Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#61181stCommanderPosted 5/5/2014 1:31:30 AM
Apex-Player posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Idk why TC didn't link it, kind of makes me think he wants everyone to think he actually wrote those 2 walls of text

http://www.microsoftproductreviews.com/editorials/xbox-poised-make-playstation-niche-product/

Lmao.

ROFL FAIL.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#62jellybeanmasterPosted 5/5/2014 1:58:30 AM
So by making PlayStation the go to place for everything games, theyre making it niche? Thatd be a dumb move on MS part
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#63PulpPosted 5/5/2014 2:00:05 AM
Xbone is at 5 million now? Since when?
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#64XedhadeausPosted 5/5/2014 2:03:48 AM
Honestly, I like how Xbox natively adds what it feels like before waiting for the fans to cry about it. Ps3 was not built for the stuff it added down the line. And I think my device crapped out because of it.

But nowadays, everything is so half baked. Yeah smart TVs do this but not that, this android or Amazon console does this but has No shelf life. This computer is strong but has No dedicated gpu. Said gpu costs as much as the computer. At some point you're going to need to get something that fully delivers at something! Even if it's one thing.

Who knows, but as long as it doesn't blow off what it's for to be a Jack of all trades it should be whatever you're talking about.
#65TheCyborgNinjaPosted 5/5/2014 2:39:08 AM
The Wii proves non-gamer money is big money, though I only care about games.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#66CharadeSmithPosted 5/5/2014 2:40:21 AM
3HP posted...
Giant wall of insecurity and reassurance.

---
i5 3750k + 7870 OC + 8GB RAM and PS3 + PS4
#67deadmarvPosted 5/5/2014 2:44:44 AM
So the TC's info came from a site called "microsoftproductreviews.com? What's wrong with that? I'm sure they're not biased at.......

Sorry I couldn't finish without laughing so hard I couldn't type.
---
4/6/14 = The day I joined the current gaming generation.
#68Shaolin015Posted 5/5/2014 2:47:44 AM(edited)
To destroy your argument in one sentence. Xbox one and ps4 will be niche products. The rise of chromecast/Apple TV/ roku boxes make your smartphone the easiest multi entertainment box out there.

This console war will be about who makes the best niche product because most people have or will get a smartphone and then they will see a 75$ box to put everything entertainment on the tv. In other words, Xbox wasn't thinking ahead, it was thinking in the past.
#69suzukimatsuiPosted 5/5/2014 2:58:14 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/05/phil-spencer-wants-xboxs-e3-to-be-focused-on-hardcore-gamers-no-portable-xbox-coming-and-more/

And I thought MS wanted to focus on the casual market. By trying to focus on the hardcore gamer that would also be moving the Xbone to become a niche product as well.
#70singhellotakuPosted 5/5/2014 3:00:51 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
To destroy your argument in one sentence. Xbox one and ps4 will be niche products. The rise of chromecast/Apple TV/ roku boxes make your smartphone the easiest multi entertainment box out there.

This console war will be about who makes the best niche product because most people have or will get a smartphone and then they will see a 75$ box to put everything entertainment on the tv. In other words, Xbox wasn't thinking ahead, it was thinking in the past.

what?
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.