Why Xbox is poised to make the PlayStation a niche product

#71hyjinx17Posted 5/5/2014 2:03:57 AM
Did tc really just type all this to say that the features the Xbox has, that every decent smart tv comes with, is why it will beat the PS4.

If so, lmfao
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#72MasteroftheArtsPosted 5/5/2014 2:22:09 AM
I don't really see any problem with the OP, except the fact that the X1 has not sold 5 million. I don't even think of the X1 as a separate entity from my TV. I turn my TV, cable box, and sound system on by turning on the X1 by voice. Thinking that making a dedicated game machine will win a gen was a winning strategy before 2008. Now, it's insanity.

Microsoft is thinking in terms of 2014 whereas Sony is thinking in terms of 2007. It's not surprising at all that Sony is currently selling better. There was a lot of alarmism post-E3 about the X1 and it's the weaker console. Casuals don't jump into a next gen until years after the release which is evident by the fact that the PS3 is still selling around 50k units weekly which means that people are more than willing to drop over $200 for a previous gen console.

We'll have to wait and see, but I very much doubt seeing anyone but Microsoft securing majority market share this gen.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#73Shaolin015Posted 5/5/2014 2:36:05 AM
singhellotaku posted...
Shaolin015 posted...
To destroy your argument in one sentence. Xbox one and ps4 will be niche products. The rise of chromecast/Apple TV/ roku boxes make your smartphone the easiest multi entertainment box out there.

This console war will be about who makes the best niche product because most people have or will get a smartphone and then they will see a 75$ box to put everything entertainment on the tv. In other words, Xbox wasn't thinking ahead, it was thinking in the past.

what?

I have an iphone and an Apple TV. If I want Netflix or any other tv app that the Xbox has, I just stream it through the Apple TV or from the iphone to the Apple TV all for 400 dollars less than an Xbox one (iphone cost not taken into consideration due to the fact that I would have one Xbox less or not). With this cost effective model and simplicity, the Xbox one becomes a gaming machine only, hence a niche product.
#74sadiq2010Posted 5/5/2014 2:44:28 AM
Shaolin015

shut up.
#75Millertime660Posted 5/5/2014 2:45:36 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
To destroy your argument in one sentence. Xbox one and ps4 will be niche products. The rise of chromecast/Apple TV/ roku boxes make your smartphone the easiest multi entertainment box out there.

This console war will be about who makes the best niche product because most people have or will get a smartphone and then they will see a 75$ box to put everything entertainment on the tv. In other words, Xbox wasn't thinking ahead, it was thinking in the past.

Sentence count fail!
#76Millertime660Posted 5/5/2014 2:46:26 AM
sadiq2010 posted...
Shaolin015

shut up.

What an excellent and mature response!
#77omegaGogetaPosted 5/5/2014 3:05:23 AM
Troll topics will forever be troll topics. It's not hard to notice people. You've all been trolled.
---
Timmy fell down the well.
Again?!
#78Chao_YunPosted 5/5/2014 3:14:14 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Shaolin015 posted...

Sentence count fail!

Did you miss the plagiarism in the TC's post? Then check the source and come back. I also feel that smartphones will be the largest potential market, but never the deepest. That is the difference between consoles and phones.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#79wake_me_420Posted 5/5/2014 3:38:22 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Idk why TC didn't link it, kind of makes me think he wants everyone to think he actually wrote those 2 walls of text

http://www.microsoftproductreviews.com/editorials/xbox-poised-make-playstation-niche-product/

LOL seems like an unbiased source.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#80Shaolin015Posted 5/5/2014 3:56:55 AM
sadiq2010 posted...
Shaolin015

shut up.

Microsoft wanted to get into the tv market. These are the things they have to compete with, and unfortunately the market has said no to the total entertainment package that us the Xbox one. How many of the 5 million Xbox one owners use it as an entertainment system. I only use my Xbox for games and I'm fine with that. Using my smartphone and Apple TV works better for me.