Xbox One may see buying rush in China

#41bigg_pPosted 5/5/2014 6:17:10 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...

They are genius >.> It's just that NA tends to make it rather hard to sell those types of things you realize, they have to circumvent legality in order to make it into the country first of all. In China, there is literally hundreds of ways to get them through their borders, not to mention China is THE epicenter of making technology for other countries, you seriously think they haven't figured out how to circumvent these things?

China has one of the hugest black markets for damn near anything you could imagine and cheap/fake knockoffs of damn near everything you could want as well. People in China who want consoles have found ways to get them regardless of what their government put bans on.

I bet you think drugs don't exist in the US either since they're illegal.....SMH.

Buying a console has never been a problem in China, but implementing a "hack" that does not exist is actually quite hard...
Legality is not the issue, the security on the console is.
Although I reckon that somewhere down the line, they will start selling pressed copies that are exact copies of the gamediscs, but for now, running any form of backups on the XB1 is not possible.
#42gogogodzillaPosted 5/5/2014 6:32:08 PM
bigg_p posted...
Garfield64 posted...
China has a huge extensive black market full of Xbox Ones without restrictions and millions of systems with preinstalled mod chips with 2 terabyte harddrives full of every single popular fun game that ever came out for system for around 200 USD.

Riiiight...
Keep dreaming buddy, if that was the case, those "modchips" would be sold everywhere.
I only hope you were trying to be sarcastic...

Robin_Mask posted...
Garfield64 posted...
China has a huge extensive black market full of Xbox Ones without restrictions and millions of systems with preinstalled mod chips with 2 terabyte harddrives full of every single popular fun game that ever came out for system for around 200 USD.

OR they can pay around 600 USD to get a system that is restricted out the ass that prevents 90% of the games they like to play?

Yep sure will sell well.

Garfield64 posted...
Oh I forgot to add.

Good thing Microsoft has tons of Free To Play MMO games on there system.

As that's China's favorite genre to play. The idea of having to pay a yearly fee to just use normal free online apps and games would be insane to the Chinese. As they have a restricted income base system.

While I see PS4 have some "symbolince" of chance in China though VERY small.

Xbox One has no chance at all in china. Not even a tiny one @_@.

Wow, talk about really hating the X1.

Anyway, I'm curious on how China reacts to all sorts of video games.

Well, they can buy a Mimtendo WaiU, or a Somy Polystation 4, or a Nicrosoft YBox1.

You think I'm kidding?

http://www.ign.com/blogs/brigittoix/2013/07/01/10-hilarious-console-knockoffs-that-may-fool-you-or-not
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#43gogogodzillaPosted 5/5/2014 6:37:06 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
bigg_p posted...
Garfield64 posted...

Riiiight...
Keep dreaming buddy, if that was the case, those "modchips" would be sold everywhere.
I only hope you were trying to be sarcastic...

They are genius >.> It's just that NA tends to make it rather hard to sell those types of things you realize, they have to circumvent legality in order to make it into the country first of all. In China, there is literally hundreds of ways to get them through their borders, not to mention China is THE epicenter of making technology for other countries, you seriously think they haven't figured out how to circumvent these things?

China has one of the hugest black markets for damn near anything you could imagine and cheap/fake knockoffs of damn near everything you could want as well. People in China who want consoles have found ways to get them regardless of what their government put bans on.

I bet you think drugs don't exist in the US either since they're illegal.....SMH.

My Sony Playstation 1/2/3 were modchipped when I had to live in South Korea. It allowed me to play burnt copies of games. And at roughly 6 games for $20... it was well worth it.

Heck, I still have a burnt copy of the never-released game "Thrill Kill" for my chipped Playstation One.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#44Shinobi120Posted 5/5/2014 9:34:25 PM
leelee3105 posted...
I hope you're trolling, and not that oblivious to the world.

I see that the media has brainwashed you. They certainly do not hate everything that's Japanese at all.
#45Blood_ViolencePosted 5/10/2014 10:48:18 AM
Geist posted...
I enjoy how angry Garfield64 gets over any positive Xbox news. It's very amusing how personal he or she takes it.

Someone else on this board acts the same way when the situation is reversed.

Who could it be? Who could it be...