to people who play rayman.

#1leelee3105Posted 5/4/2014 10:24:04 PM
Where can I watch some videos of the top people doing the challenges? Their scores are ridiculous. I need some help
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#2leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 10:43:39 PM
Also, does what character you are make you go faster?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#3aszsithPosted 5/4/2014 11:56:14 PM
Its been a while since I've played it, but as I recall, you can actually click on the user from the leaderboards and watch the run they did. And I don't think the character matters for speed.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 12:36:11 AM
Doesn't look like you can watch their runs. Or I'm just nit seeing it
---
#5aszsithPosted 5/5/2014 1:00:09 AM
Hmm...i'm not seeing it either. Perhaps I was thinking of another game that has ghost data like that.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6lunaticcorePosted 5/5/2014 1:03:07 AM
It should be bringing down ghost data for people just a tad faster than you anyways. Should be able to learn what they are doing to get a bit of extra speed on you.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 5:17:28 AM
Yeah it has the ghost data, but I can't play with it turned on. Throws me off my timing f some reason
---
#8dooragPosted 5/5/2014 5:43:18 AM
360 player here. Running attack(spin) and then jumping can maintain and even heighten speed. Spin>jump>spin>jump>etc. Jumping and landing on an incline slows you down. Declines can be used to gain massive speed by spinning/rolling/sliding(holding down after a spin) and then jumping. On some course doing a downward smash(down+attack) on a bounce pad will also give you some speed. Depends on the angle and if a faster option is available. Stringing all of this together should net you some decent scores.

Most of the speed courses seem to be built with a certain rhythm in mind so if youre off on your timing for an early jump it could greatly reduce the final time. Grab Them Quickly is similar,

Distance challenges are mostly just learning how to approach each bit and playing safe.

Im bad dojo challenges so cant help you there.
---
poot
#9leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 6:04:40 AM
Sweet thanks for the info man.
---
#10dooragPosted 5/5/2014 7:57:54 AM
Another thing is that sometimes a wall will be right at the end of a decline. Jump kicking it will lose speed so instead do a rolling attack and jump out of it. The timing can be tricky but if you spin and immediately hold down you will see that rayman does a tuck and roll move and thats when you press attack. If you press attack during the belly slide he will ground pound which will stop you in your tracks. I practice that during load screens and I still mess it up sometimes.

Also jumping from a slide can get you slightly higher than a normal jump. You have to hold down for it to work. The animation is different so you will know when you are doing it. Not a lot of uses for it though.

On the vertical challenges with the vines and stuff you can save time on certain vines by doing smaller jumps. For example there a some vines that pop out of the wall you just jumped from and if you jump onto the wall at the right spot and do a small jump off you will land on the vine as it comes out. By doing it this way you wont have to run the length of the vine.
---
poot