Was it a dumb move to get rid of exclusitivity for Halo show?

#41HorridhalPosted 5/6/2014 6:21:26 AM
josh924 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Revival125 posted...
Lets be honest here, even if it was exclusive to Xbone, everyone else who wanted to watch it without forking out for a new console would just torrent it like they do every other TV show!

Agreed.
I still think the fans who dropped 500 should have first dibs though.

I know you guys are just trolling (or trying your best to), but its not like TV shows are being made exclusively for people who own Xbox One consoles. People will be able to watch "Xbox Originals" on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and "other Microsoft devices", which probably means "anything that can access Xbox Video".

http://majornelson.com/2014/04/28/xbox-originals-coming-this-june-to-your-xbox/

Since when is showtime considered to be a Microsoft platform?

Also, directly from the link :

Available only on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and other Microsoft devices, every Xbox Original will offer interactive capabilities, as well as unique interactive features customized on a per-show basis, making it a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you won’t find anywhere else.

They screwed people who bought this system yet again, and you are trying to defend it. Stop spinning.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#42aszsithPosted 5/6/2014 10:22:51 AM
Screwed people? Are you unable to watch it on your XBOne? Oh, you can? Then how is that screwing you? That they are also offering it elsewhere to expand their market and make more money has no relevance to your argument because you still get the access you desire.

Would you rather the show wasn't available to as many consumers as possible? Why? Are you selfish? Do you want it to fail? Do you not understand how marketing works? What is the reason you want the audience limited? It makes no sense for the company to do so.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#43shamfuruPosted 5/6/2014 10:23:59 AM
leelee3105 posted...
You're a troll. You're grammar is terrible. Go to bed

---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#44HorridhalPosted 5/6/2014 10:25:15 AM
aszsith posted...
Screwed people? Are you unable to watch it on your XBOne? Oh, you can? Then how is that screwing you? That they are also offering it elsewhere to expand their market and make more money has no relevance to your argument because you still get the access you desire.

Would you rather the show wasn't available to as many consumers as possible? Why? Are you selfish? Do you want it to fail? Do you not understand how marketing works? What is the reason you want the audience limited? It makes no sense for the company to do so.

Completely ignoring that the word from MS was it would be exclusive to the MS brand.

Showtime =/= MS.
---
#45aszsithPosted 5/6/2014 10:30:32 AM
Horridhal posted...
aszsith posted...

Completely ignoring that the word from MS was it would be exclusive to the MS brand.

Showtime =/= MS.

Completely ignoring reality and the questions posed.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/45708034.jpg
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#46MetroidFan9999Posted 5/6/2014 10:34:30 AM
Horridhal posted...
making it a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you won’t find anywhere else.

Wow that is pretty bad.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#47HorridhalPosted 5/6/2014 10:36:39 AM
aszsith posted...
Horridhal posted...
aszsith posted...

Showtime =/= MS.

Completely ignoring reality and the questions posed.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/45708034.jpg

The fact is everyone was told it would be exclusive to MS by MS. I don't need to answer your questions and I understand why they are putting it on showtime.

That doesn't negate that everyone was, once again, lied to by MS about a selling point(and make no mistake it was part of the selling point to several people) of the system.
---
#48Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 5/6/2014 10:49:43 AM
It doesn't matter to me. I won't be watching that garbage anyways.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#49Run_2_the_HillsPosted 5/6/2014 10:52:36 AM
It's not about showing it on showtime. It's about MS saying it's only going to be exclusive to 360/one etc then making it for showtime. Another day, another lie, but some fans like it in the butt.
#50josh924Posted 5/6/2014 12:48:07 PM
Horridhal posted...
Since when is showtime considered to be a Microsoft platform?

I didn't say it was.

Also, directly from the link :

Available only on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and other Microsoft devices, every Xbox Original will offer interactive capabilities, as well as unique interactive features customized on a per-show basis, making it a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you won’t find anywhere else.

They screwed people who bought this system yet again, and you are trying to defend it. Stop spinning.

Bought which system? The Xbox One? Because like I said, they're not making shows just for the Xbox One. Sure, maybe the Halo show won't be an exclusive Xbox Original show, but I'm sure there will be a lot of other exclusive shows on Xbox Video. No one is being screwed in the context of your quote since no shows are being made specifically for Xbox One owners.
---
Troll logic; posting positive news about the XB1 is called "reassurance", whereas posting negative news is considered "being honest".