Was it a dumb move to get rid of exclusitivity for Halo show?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was it a dumb move to get rid of exclusitivity for Halo show?
1 year ago#51
josh924 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Since when is showtime considered to be a Microsoft platform?

I didn't say it was.

Also, directly from the link :

Available only on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and other Microsoft devices, every Xbox Original will offer interactive capabilities, as well as unique interactive features customized on a per-show basis, making it a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you wonít find anywhere else.

They screwed people who bought this system yet again, and you are trying to defend it. Stop spinning.

Bought which system? The Xbox One? Because like I said, they're not making shows just for the Xbox One. Sure, maybe the Halo show won't be an exclusive Xbox Original show, but I'm sure there will be a lot of other exclusive shows on Xbox Video. No one is being screwed in the context of your quote since no shows are being made specifically for Xbox One owners.

Well IGN already announced the first show that will drop on xbox TV or whatever for xboxone.

It's this really cool concept right,
They gather teams of street soccer players, 4 per team.
They have an elimination tournament all through the series,
The last two teams will face-off for the 'street soccer championship' outside of where the arena the Fifa championship/

Does that sound at all badass? Hell no.
Who are they kidding, they sold off Halo to showtime to drop a freaking street soccer show to launch xbox tv.

Absolutely mental. Not even a fan of Halo and this idea is insulting.
I feel sorry for the real fans. Straight up jacked and false advertised too.
Any fan knows, even the Sony fans know, launching xbox tv with soccer over Halo is an insult/embarrassment.

Fans should be seeing it first, not subscribers of showtime.
Enjoy that soccer thing though like yeaaaaaah.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
1 year ago#52
josh924 posted...
Horridhal posted...

I didn't say it was.

Available only on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and other Microsoft devices, every Xbox Original will offer interactive capabilities, as well as unique interactive features customized on a per-show basis, making it a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you wonít find anywhere else.

They screwed people who bought this system yet again, and you are trying to defend it. Stop spinning.

Bought which system? The Xbox One? Because like I said, they're not making shows just for the Xbox One. Sure, maybe the Halo show won't be an exclusive Xbox Original show, but I'm sure there will be a lot of other exclusive shows on Xbox Video. No one is being screwed in the context of your quote since no shows are being made specifically for Xbox One owners.

Again ignoring the blatant lie told to everyone prior to launch doesn't make it disappear. Everyone was told, as proven by the link I quoted, these shows would be MS platform exclusive.

Showtime is not an MS platform. They lied.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
1 year ago#53
Teaming up with Showtime is a good way to get some of the shows more exposure.

Fans of Halo would support the show and the console regardless. But getting more casuals into these shows through Showtime is a good thing.
1 year ago#54
Horridhal posted...
josh924 posted...
Horridhal posted...

I didn't say it was.

Again ignoring the blatant lie told to everyone prior to launch doesn't make it disappear. Everyone was told, as proven by the link I quoted, these shows would be MS platform exclusive.

---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
1 year ago#55
So basically, what some people seem to be upset about is that they want Microsoft to keep to the promise of limiting the viewers of the show to only those who own an Xbox device. Why Microsoft would actually want to do this is a good question, since it would be bad business to limit the number of viewers.

Perhaps the ones who don't want it on Showtime simply don't understand that shows need viewers to stay on the air. The less viewers there are, the less likely the show will continue to be made. Having the show air on Showtime not only expands the audience, but it is also a revenue source. The show isn't free to film after all.

What scenario is more preferential of the two: The show remains exclusive to Xbox products (Microsoft keeps their "promise") and the show dies after a single season OR the show airs on Showtime (Microsoft expands the market) and the show airs for multiple seasons?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
1 year ago#56
aszsith posted...
So basically, what some people seem to be upset about is that they want Microsoft to keep to the promise of limiting the viewers of the show to only those who own an Xbox device. Why Microsoft would actually want to do this is a good question, since it would be bad business to limit the number of viewers.

Perhaps the ones who don't want it on Showtime simply don't understand that shows need viewers to stay on the air. The less viewers there are, the less likely the show will continue to be made. Having the show air on Showtime not only expands the audience, but it is also a revenue source. The show isn't free to film after all.

What scenario is more preferential of the two: The show remains exclusive to Xbox products (Microsoft keeps their "promise") and the show dies after a single season OR the show airs on Showtime (Microsoft expands the market) and the show airs for multiple seasons?

Most people don't care that it's going to showtime. What they care about is MS lying to their face. If it was going to be on showtime MS shouldn't have came announce all that exclusive to xbone crap.
1 year ago#57
Horridhal posted...
josh924 posted...
Horridhal posted...

I didn't say it was.

That's assuming that more than just the Halo show will be on Showtime. That's also assuming that MS and Showtime are making a deal about it to begin with, since neither MS or Showtime have made any official statements about any kind of deal.
---
Troll logic; posting positive news about the XB1 is called "reassurance", whereas posting negative news is considered "being honest".
1 year ago#58
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
aszsith posted...

Most people don't care that it's going to showtime. What they care about is MS lying to their face. If it was going to be on showtime MS shouldn't have came announce all that exclusive to xbone crap.

So what you are saying is that all the whining is because their feelings are hurt and nothing more? There is no actual reason? Just hurt feelings over the decisions of a company to alter plans and offer content to a larger market? That is actually quite truly sad to hear that such a meaningless, uneventful thing could impact their lives so drastically.

And technically, Microsoft didn't completely lie about the Halo show exclusivity either. In the world of video game consoles, it is only available on Xbox brand. There is no Showtime app on PSN or Nintendo eShop to watch the show with.

http://www.sho.com/sho/ways-to-watch/home
http://us.playstation.com/apps-and-entertainment/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_eShop
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was it a dumb move to get rid of exclusitivity for Halo show?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived