Backward Compatibility?

#1HadesDragonessPosted 5/5/2014 4:00:45 AM
I have heard rumours that Microsoft is considering backward compatibility either via an app or another method. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Just to clarify, I am not referring to the scam that caused problems earlier in the year.
---
XBOX360/One GT: Hades Dragoness
I have Asperger's. If I sound harsh or rude please do not take it personally.
#2ALegendaryNoobPosted 5/5/2014 4:11:07 AM
An Emulator is far more likely than Backwards Compatibility since it's far easier to accomplish. If they do end up with an emulator, your old disc games that you already own for 360 would not play on the XB1. Instead you'd probably have to re buy the 360 games digitally on the XB1. There's always the possibility that the digital games you purchased last gen could be brought over to XB1 instead of having to re buy them...

I'm no expert on any of this, but this is just my take on it..
---
FC:2509-2496-6623 IGN:Robbie TSV:0860 GT:A LegendaryNoob
#3TarotXIIIPosted 5/5/2014 4:11:57 AM
Yeah, basically it's something they're going to do later but they're too busy atm with the current stuff. Basically the whole "we won't bite off more then we can chew but it will come" thing.
#4KOOGARPosted 5/5/2014 4:15:29 AM
LOL, Backward Compatibility!
Why should M$ put that in their Xbone when you can re-sell those games as online download?

Milking has never been easier.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#5HadesDragoness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 4:19:09 AM
ALegendaryNoob posted...
An Emulator is far more likely than Backwards Compatibility since it's far easier to accomplish. If they do end up with an emulator, your old disc games that you already own for 360 would not play on the XB1. Instead you'd probably have to re buy the 360 games digitally on the XB1. There's always the possibility that the digital games you purchased last gen could be brought over to XB1 instead of having to re buy them...

I have no problem with re-buying my fave 360 titles as long as I can play them on the xboxone :)

Thank you ^.^
---
XBOX360/One GT: Hades Dragoness
I have Asperger's. If I sound harsh or rude please do not take it personally.
#6Shaolin015Posted 5/5/2014 7:04:10 AM
ALegendaryNoob posted...

Wrong. If it's an emulator you can play old disc games on the Xbox one. It's just that all games may not work so some editing may need to be done. And more games would need to be added over time
#7extankerPosted 5/5/2014 7:13:29 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
ALegendaryNoob posted...

Wrong. If it's an emulator you can play old disc games on the Xbox one. It's just that all games may not work so some editing may need to be done. And more games would need to be added over time

Sorry, but you're wrong. Like it's name says, it just means that it 'emulates' the function of the old system. Whether it works with your old discs or you have to buy the games again will be up to Microsoft.

An emulator just allows you to play games on a different system than they were designed for, regardless of the format. Last time I checked, NES emulators for PCs don't require you to plug in your old cartridges.
#8Laylow12Posted 5/5/2014 9:35:30 AM
HadesDragoness posted...
ALegendaryNoob posted...

I have no problem with re-buying my fave 360 titles as long as I can play them on the xboxone :)

Thank you ^.^

!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9PudgeisafishPosted 5/5/2014 9:41:42 AM
There are a few series that I would love to be able to play on the Xbox One, coming from the 360.

I would rebuy them if they looked better/ran smoother than their 360 versions.
#10kyncaniPosted 5/5/2014 9:57:01 AM
KOOGAR posted...
LOL, Backward Compatibility!
Why should M$ put that in their Xbone when you can re-sell those games as online download?
Milking has never been easier.

Let's see ...

HadesDragoness posted...

^ See, it can get easier

Pudgeisafish posted...
I would rebuy them if they looked better/ran smoother than their 360 versions.

That's better.