Bill Gates: If new MS CEO Nadella wants to spin off Xbox biz, "I'm absolutely fo

#11ParappaTheHATERPosted 5/5/2014 10:15:04 AM
Spin off the Xbox biz? Bye-bye Xbox, never thought it would happen so soon
---
"Sony always wins." -Chad Warden
#12kyncaniPosted 5/5/2014 10:16:02 AM
Laylow12 posted...
XisurusX posted...
Would a "spinoff" necessarily be a bad thing? Perhaps the Xbox brand could free itself from this media entertainment stigma and focus on its core audience (gaming). The Playstation brand may do the same thing with how their sales are going vs the Sony company as a whole.

It would be great if an entirely new management team and company were involved like Google or Amazon. Anything to do with the current crop of management will be just a PR Spinoff and include all the sleazy greedy people that turned a great brand into an advertising data mining tool. I suggest they do it quickly too before the bottom drops out and it's worth nothing as a brand.

( As I see it. )

Probably bad things for the Xbox division since Microsoft is a big corporation. You know what you loose, you don't know what you get.

For the PlayStation division, it depends.
Depends how the assets are split, how the debt is settled, if the deal is with another company or not, who it is.
It would probably free the PlayStation division from a huge debt, making it more powerful.
But what is good for PlayStation may not be good for its users.

What if the deal is with the almighty Apple for example, who decides to make it much more profitable with plans worse than Microsoft with the Xbox One.
It would be a good thing for PlayStation but a very bad things for its current users.
#13Rdeal2Posted 5/5/2014 10:22:10 AM
Gates, the founder and former CEO of Microsoft, said he’s been helping new CEO Satya Nadella transition into his new leadership role and that he would support Nadella if the new CEO proposed a spinoff of one of Microsoft’s units.

Wheres does he say Xbox? and he also said this

But Gates said he didn’t foresee either Bing, the company’s search engine division, or Xbox, its gaming division, as potential stand-alone companies because they are part of Microsoft’s long-term strategy.
#14MRL3G3NDPosted 5/5/2014 10:30:25 AM
Yeah...they dropped the ball big time and they don't have enough gas to get up and go in the right direction...

the people in charge of the xbox division right now are disconnected and directionless right now...the complete opposite of the 360 team

If they do sell it off, I hope the new company has enough ambition to boost this machine up...it's not a total loss, it has the potential to pick up...but the people running it now have no clue on how to do that...they apparently hear the discontent from the numbers, but don't know how to translate that into action/success
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#15Kpt_KapowskiPosted 5/5/2014 10:58:24 AM
Lol

Microsoft DOOM AND GLOOM POST #374639265374$92873529366271930
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#16CMX5Posted 5/5/2014 11:03:24 AM
The retweets/replies/comments (I have no bloody idea.) are painful to read.
---
PSN/XBL-CMX5
Batman:Arkham Knight. Destiny. Alien:Isolation. Evil Within. Call of Duty:A.W. The hype is overwhelming.
#17Joey-ZazaPosted 5/5/2014 11:09:08 AM
Yeah people with real jobs don't post stuff like that you are always a representative.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#18SamcroReaperPosted 5/5/2014 11:16:30 AM
You have to be a complete moron to misinterpret what's going on here. Someone asked Bill about old rumors of Bing, Xbox, phones etc being spun off and Bill merely supported any decision the CEO he just picked makes. LOL at idiots attempting to spin this as MS is spinning off Xbox.
#19slyman19Posted 5/5/2014 11:31:01 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Yeah...they dropped the ball big time and they don't have enough gas to get up and go in the right direction...

the people in charge of the xbox division right now are disconnected and directionless right now...the complete opposite of the 360 team

If they do sell it off, I hope the new company has enough ambition to boost this machine up...it's not a total loss, it has the potential to pick up...but the people running it now have no clue on how to do that...they apparently hear the discontent from the numbers, but don't know how to translate that into action/success

What the hell are you talking about? The Xbox One is very successful and with it's big name games coming out soon, it will continue to be so.

Have you heard Phil Spencer talk? That man is far from disconnected and directionless. He understands far more than any other leader in the industry.
#20AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/5/2014 11:33:03 AM
I'm pretty sure the teenagers here know just A little more about the Xbox brand than Bill Gates.

I mean... Has anyone here even heard of this Gates fellow?

Yeah, that's what I thought, PONIES!
---
Now Reading: The Poop That Took a Pee