Bill Gates: If new MS CEO Nadella wants to spin off Xbox biz, "I'm absolutely fo

#111fan360Posted 5/6/2014 11:46:33 PM
Most fanboys here don't get it.

Bill Gates knows when to fold when it is needed.
Time to jump ship !
#112slyman19Posted 5/7/2014 12:05:46 AM
dolabla posted...
Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing the Xbox brand next gen. It's unfortunate, but what can we do? The X1 sales have come to screeching halt. Even with the biggest video game release we've seen in years (Titanfall), it still wasn't enough to beat Sony's platform.

I just hope they don't have plans to ditch the console in the middle of this gen. That thought is always in the back of my mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this concern.

The Xbox One is still selling very well. Where did you get the idiotic idea that sales have come to a "screeching halt"?
#113slyman19Posted 5/7/2014 12:07:58 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/11/08/microsoft-earns-2-billion-a-year-from-android-is-it-time-to-drop-xbox/

You do know that he was just estimating, right? For all we know, he could have made a mistake on the amount of royalties MS gets or he could have attributed too much of the loss on Xbox instead of the far more likely Surface or Windows Phone.
#114dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 12:26:11 AM(edited)
slyman19 posted...
dolabla posted...
Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing the Xbox brand next gen. It's unfortunate, but what can we do? The X1 sales have come to screeching halt. Even with the biggest video game release we've seen in years (Titanfall), it still wasn't enough to beat Sony's platform.

I just hope they don't have plans to ditch the console in the middle of this gen. That thought is always in the back of my mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this concern.

The Xbox One is still selling very well. Where did you get the idiotic idea that sales have come to a "screeching halt"?

Maybe because they sold just over a million units during these past four months while the PS4 has been selling over a million units every single month this year? 75% of Xbones sold were in 2013 and we're almost halfway through 2014 already.
#115slyman19Posted 5/7/2014 12:30:36 AM
dnmt posted...
slyman19 posted...
dolabla posted...

Maybe because they sold just over a million units during these past four months while the PS4 has been selling over a million units every single month this year?

How the hell is that bad? The XONE is doing very well all things considered.

The PS4 is the exception to the rule. Remember that and you won't look like a total fool.
#116dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 12:31:51 AM
slyman19 posted...
dnmt posted...
slyman19 posted...
dolabla posted...

Maybe because they sold just over a million units during these past four months while the PS4 has been selling over a million units every single month this year?

The PS4 is the exception to the rule. Remember that and you won't look like a total fool.

75% of Xbones sold thus far were sold in 2013 and we're almost halfway through 2014 already. That's a huge dip in sales buddy bro.
#117slyman19Posted 5/7/2014 12:42:58 AM
dnmt posted...
slyman19 posted...
dnmt posted...
slyman19 posted...
dolabla posted...

75% of Xbones sold thus far were sold in 2013 and we're almost halfway through 2014 already. That's a huge dip in sales buddy bro.

Your point? That's what most console numbers look like after the holiday season ends. Again, your just being foolish and comparing the XONE to the exception and not the rule, "buddy bro".

Also, we're a 1/3, not a 1/2 through this year. Can't even do simple math. *tsk, tsk*