Bill Gates: If new MS CEO Nadella wants to spin off Xbox biz, "I'm absolutely fo

#21bob15xPosted 5/5/2014 11:36:24 AM
SonyPonyTony posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Good. Get MS out of this industry. Let Amazon take over Xbox. Great customer service and willing to put out a loss leader.

you know this is never going to happen right? No wonder you and your ilk are so unhappy all the time

and he seems to think spin off equals sold off. What an ignorant poster.
#22ParappaTheHATERPosted 5/5/2014 11:45:47 AM
The beginning of the end, just as planned
---
"Sony always wins." -Chad Warden
#23bob15xPosted 5/5/2014 11:47:25 AM
ParappaTheHATER posted...

so you agree that Sony spinning off tv division and selling its pc division means beginning of the end of sony too?
#24ParappaTheHATERPosted 5/5/2014 11:49:45 AM
bob15x posted...

so you agree that Sony spinning off tv division and selling its pc division means beginning of the end of sony too?

I didn't say it's the end of Microsoft , of course they will remain, just like sony , but Xbox won't, and neither will Vaio
---
#25slyman19Posted 5/5/2014 11:51:57 AM
bob15x posted...

I didn't say it's the end of Microsoft , of course they will remain, just like sony , but Xbox won't, and neither will Vaio

Do you kiss your mother with all that crap coming out of your mouth?
#26ParappaTheHATERPosted 5/5/2014 11:55:01 AM
slyman19 posted...
bob15x posted...

Actually my mother died 5 months ago from cancer, thanks a lot. But if she was here yeah, I would kiss her, I miss her more than anything
---
#27RybalPosted 5/5/2014 11:55:25 AM
Wow - so many people look at one statement out of context and completely misinterpreted it.

If you didn't read the article, here's the tl;dr version:

Gates said he would support a spinoff if the new MS CEO proposed it. He ALSO said that he didn't expect Bing or Xbox to be spun off because they were a part of MS's long-term strategy.

Gates is not going to undermine the new CEO right after she takes charge. At this point, he'll back her in just about anything. If anything, his comment was a subtle reminder that spinning off either of those two divisions would be a poor decision.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#28Troll_DirectoryPosted 5/5/2014 11:55:42 AM
BigBossMakaveli posted...
https://twitter.com/LizClaman/statuses/463329156147601408

No idea when Bill said this..but i'm guessing in a recent interview with FOX business
you got click-baited by a faux journalist.
#29slyman19Posted 5/5/2014 11:56:12 AM
slyman19 posted...
bob15x posted...

Actually my mother died 5 months ago from cancer, thanks a lot. But if she was here yeah, I would kiss her, I miss her more than anything

Your story is 100% believable.
#30bob15xPosted 5/5/2014 11:57:00 AM
slyman19 posted...
bob15x posted...

did she realize that you were not that bright and think spin off means sell off?