Cable voice recognition - Wrong Channel

#1Giga1Posted 5/5/2014 1:18:41 PM
Just in the last few days I have noticed that the kinect took a dive in changing channels correctly. I believe the box that pops up and shows the channel you said looks different.

I am using Comcast

Saying discovery channel results in CSPAN3
Saying MTV results in NPT (tried this with 3 people saying MTV and all the same)
Saying HIstory results in Bnel Hispanic channel
Saying Palladia results in Bloomberg

Well, you get the picture. Some I thought were maybe similar words that it got confused, but other are so off of the word said there is no way. I have reset the cable book settings and refreshed the channel line up. Any Suggestions?
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/5/2014 1:21:18 PM
You're in the update beta preview program, right? Apparently they know about the issue and are working on a fix.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3blacklabelicePosted 5/5/2014 1:29:34 PM
microsoft is perfect and kinect is awesome. surely you are speaking broken english.

okay ill stop. i make a bad fanboy.
#4turbogoonPosted 5/5/2014 6:04:07 PM
I had this issue. I just made those channels favorites on the one guide. Works like a fanboys dream.
#5hamchunkPosted 5/5/2014 7:45:37 PM
Yeah, my wife "accidentally" hit the reset tv option in the settings menu and about half of my channels were doing the same thing. All I had to do was manually select the channels through the one guide and they worked fine again. I don't know why that happened but I am glad it was a quick fix.
---
Over the top!
#6Giga1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 7:59:43 PM
Thanks for the help folks, I will give the favorites a try.