Cable voice recognition - Wrong Channel

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cable voice recognition - Wrong Channel

User Info: Giga1

Giga1
2 years ago#1
Just in the last few days I have noticed that the kinect took a dive in changing channels correctly. I believe the box that pops up and shows the channel you said looks different.

I am using Comcast

Saying discovery channel results in CSPAN3
Saying MTV results in NPT (tried this with 3 people saying MTV and all the same)
Saying HIstory results in Bnel Hispanic channel
Saying Palladia results in Bloomberg

Well, you get the picture. Some I thought were maybe similar words that it got confused, but other are so off of the word said there is no way. I have reset the cable book settings and refreshed the channel line up. Any Suggestions?

User Info: ElPolloDiablo87

ElPolloDiablo87
2 years ago#2
You're in the update beta preview program, right? Apparently they know about the issue and are working on a fix.
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 years ago#3
microsoft is perfect and kinect is awesome. surely you are speaking broken english.

okay ill stop. i make a bad fanboy.

User Info: turbogoon

turbogoon
2 years ago#4
I had this issue. I just made those channels favorites on the one guide. Works like a fanboys dream.

User Info: hamchunk

hamchunk
2 years ago#5
Yeah, my wife "accidentally" hit the reset tv option in the settings menu and about half of my channels were doing the same thing. All I had to do was manually select the channels through the one guide and they worked fine again. I don't know why that happened but I am glad it was a quick fix.
Over the top!

User Info: Giga1

Giga1
2 years ago#6
Thanks for the help folks, I will give the favorites a try.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cable voice recognition - Wrong Channel

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived