evolve looks.....well....awful

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 5/6/2014 11:16:30 AM
As soon as they said left 4 dead was crap I stop taking this seriously.

With that said...Evolve looks gorgeous, it encourages team work, and being the monster looks fun.

Historically Asymmetric online games have been good...
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#22AinodehnaPosted 5/6/2014 11:19:58 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
How ironic for a generic fps to be called evolve. :u

lol, pretty far removed from "generic"
---
GSW
#23garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 11:41:14 AM
aheroafake posted...
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 were awesome games. I spent sooo many hows playing each title. I would have preferred Left 4 Dead 3. I was interested in Evolve until I watched the gameplay video that was recently released. The game looks boring as **** and I really am thinking twice about getting it now. I don't know why they couldn't have made L4D3 first, you know considering how popular both L4D games were and still are.

Left 4 dead was fun, but Evolve looks so so boring.
#24GeistPosted 5/6/2014 11:50:40 AM
garcia_jx posted...
Left 4 dead was fun, but Evolve looks so so boring.

I think this is another example of games needing player input for the fun. Like I myself can not wait to hunt hunters and lay traps for players in Evolve. The idea alone of getting to be the monster in a sci fi/horror movie like game is cool I think. Just thinking of all the ways to make players jump out of their skin amuses me.

But if that's not your thing and you're more of a story/mission driven player, then yes I could see how this could bore you. Some games ask for more from the player then just button input and for some that's just not their bag.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#25SparkItUpPosted 5/6/2014 11:55:37 AM
My problem with this game is this...After a month, it's going to become cookie cutter. People will be using the same tactics over & over for the victory. For $30 I'd give this game a go. I just can't for $60
#26MRL3G3NDPosted 5/7/2014 7:12:04 AM
what they haven't showed is the different kinds of monsters, and their different stages of evolving. They also haven't said much about weapon and gear unlocks

I see this lasting longer than Titanfall...especially if they add a single player campaign
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#27dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 7:13:03 AM
It looks pretty fun assuming it's F2P or a budget title.
#28aluminafalconPosted 5/7/2014 7:20:48 AM
Looks to me like a fps version of monster hunter. If they nail the progression system for both sidra it could be a real blast, If not its going to get stale in two weeks
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#29RebelGameMasterPosted 5/7/2014 7:23:19 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
As soon as they said left 4 dead was crap I stop taking this seriously.

With that said...Evolve looks gorgeous, it encourages team work, and being the monster looks fun.

Historically Asymmetric online games have been good...

I hope you're right. The concept isn't revolutionary but it's different enough to satisfy my gamer lust for now.

Real reason I'm looking forward to it is actually because of CoD Ghost's Extinction. I gave up on that game months ago but needed something to play with my wife for a bit. Turned it in and played the new maps and damn it's fun. If the CoD guys can do that then Evolve will be amazing.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#30cooolioPosted 5/7/2014 9:11:39 AM
kakarot-uchiha posted...
i actually thought it looked original but after turtle rock fired that guy, i'm all set. maybe someday if it's free on plus or gold, but even then.. i'll say about the game specifically, i think everyone wants to be the monster, theres that, its cool that its big enough that the monster can actually hide, i think it'd be hilarious with a camper. but its awesome theyre trying something new, so yeah it sucks they took that position. they're obviously the cold business type and it just makes it easier to be cold seeing it's flaws.

So, you basically looked at their ideals and morals when it comes to business, considered how you felt about their choice, thought about the potential problems that the game could have due to being team focused and let your skepticism about it and your personal feelings towards how they fired the Community manager influence whether or not you will even try the game?